Skinning PHPBB?

moose

Reaction score
Well I've been editing the default skin, and have come pretty far with it. But I think I could make a better skin when I'm able to work from ground up.

I've searched on google, but have had no luck.

If anybody knows anything that could help me, please.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
what i normally do is take subsilver and edit it, like copy it into a new folder and then chenge all the files and stuff... makes it easier. you may want to take a look at phpBB 3, since a phpbb 2 skin wont work on it *and since phpbb 3 isnt too far away* you may want to stick with a simple phpbb 2 skin until 3 "final" comes out.

James

Banned
Reaction score
moose said:
Well I've been editing the default skin, and have come pretty far with it. But I think I could make a better skin when I'm able to work from ground up.

I've searched on google, but have had no luck.

If anybody knows anything that could help me, please.

Thanks in advance.

Its not that hard to do, plus if u need one i have hurndreds of them.
Phpbb. vbull, + more
cya

moose

Reaction score
Jake said:
what i normally do is take subsilver and edit it, like copy it into a new folder and then chenge all the files and stuff... makes it easier. you may want to take a look at phpBB 3, since a phpbb 2 skin wont work on it *and since phpbb 3 isnt too far away* you may want to stick with a simple phpbb 2 skin until 3 "final" comes out.

Yes, that's actually what I did. I took the folder, copied it and then edited like, all the .tpl files and the CSS. Although when I changed the CSS, it seemed to not show any changes.

Your opinion about waiting sounds the smartest. Thanks for the advice :)

The_End said:
Its not that hard to do, plus if u need one i have hurndreds of them.
Phpbb. vbull, + more
cya

I'm not going to use any premade ones since, haha it's for my Graphic Designs forum. It'd be pretty lame if a GD forum used someone elses template.

And if it's not hard to do, how exactly do you make a template from grounds up?

B

Brandon

Well somewhere on the PHPBB site they have the subsilver psd files.

Colin

Reaction score
^ I've been looking for them, but I can't find them. I also want to make my own template for my site, but it doesn't matter to me as much.

moose

Reaction score
I really don't need the PSD since everything I need is in the tempaltes folder. I have just overwritten the files with mine. Just a couple glitches in the template and wanted to know if I could just build a skin from scratch.

It's weird how I haven't found any tutorials on it.. :/

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
well btw, about the psd for subsilver, its not under the GPL so you cant use it for anything... just fyi

moose

Reaction score
Yeah, I have decided to be smart and wait untill the phpbb v.3 comes out. I might even purchase IPB since it's not too expensive.. :)

Anyways, thanks for the help :)