sleek and simple?

neteater

Reaction score
your site i snot loading on my broadband i think i need more speedy connection to open up your site

bookworm99

Reaction score
It looks nice, aside from a couple of issues:

(1) There's no <title> element; it's just called "Page title"

(2) the "REGISTRATION FORMS AVAILABLE AT:" section goes beyond its boundaries into the blocks of text on the right

(3) Fonts are too small on the right text block

(4) No rollover on links; this makes it hard to tell that it's linked content

(5) spacing/spelling/grammar needs improvement.

So it's a good basic design; just needs a few tweaks.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I found it interesting that your navigation buttons were above your main header image. I actually don't think it's bad - they're easier to see up there and it becomes more convenient because they're out of the way and visible.

Your header image is a little low-quality. If you're really going for the "sleek" look, you might want to make the blue portion a gloss instead of a gradient.

Your text is a little small, but other than that, your website seems pretty good to me.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
It is very.....white and not in a great way. Your nav buttons and header are bad quality, I would try t avoid JPG's. It isn't what I would call sleek or clean. Its a decent start, but need some work.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
`font is kind of small compared to the rest of the site
`no page title (give impression of unfinished work)
`navigation has no way of telling you which link you are hovering over; which I find very annoying
`use a different font, serif fonts are not the font you should be using for designing web pages, unless you can be very creative with it or it fits with the design
`the banner looks pretty rudimentary

`just a pet peeve, I hate sites that use numbers in naming their files, especially if there isn't that many to handle (ie. the link to About Us, ...ed.com/index_files/Page499.htm)

Overall I have to say you're site is not sleek or having a aesthetic feel to it. Rather a site created using a generic program. It is a simple site, one a family might use to check up once in a while to get information, but it would not be one that somebody might be checking on everyday.

5/10

haslam1

Reaction score
bit slow to load for some reason
top half ok but bottom have needs more color put a border in or ssomething
the big peice of white makes me yawn
but keep the top half