Slow Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Server: Absolute (X01)
Prior to the migrations, my site loaded alright. Most pages in a second or so. Other pages loaded slower (10-15 seconds). The pages that used to run fast still run fast (usually), but the pages that ran slower now run even slower. Just tested it on Firefox, response timings shown below:
DNS Resolution: 0ms
Connecting: 53ms
Sending: 0ms
Waiting: 1192ms
Receiving: 200734ms
By the time that page loaded, and a couple JS files were included, the total load time was 204 seconds. Something that took 10-15 seconds on average now takes over 3 minutes to load. Not exactly good. (One of the JS files, jquery, loaded in 1.52 seconds, of course that was off site loading).

Also, just loaded an 11.1 KB image in 3.49 seconds, I think that's a tad bit slow too.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Not sure if you're aware of this, or if it's connected with the above issue, but PMA takes quite a while to load as well.

adeelele

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my site being slow and half the time timing out after the migration.

MilkshakeSpoon

Reaction score
Feel lucky that you have a site at all on a free hosting service. Lots of people are having problems with sites not loading and instead receiving...
Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

If you want faster loading times then I suggest spending some money on your services..! If your website isn't worth spending money on, then there isn't much point in having one.

adeelele

Reaction score
Feel lucky that you have a site at all on a free hosting service. Lots of people are having problems with sites not loading and instead receiving...
Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

If you want faster loading times then I suggest spending some money on your services..! If your website isn't worth spending money on, then there isn't much point in having one.

There are a few threads about people unable to access their sites, this thread is about the site being slow after migration.
If you have any valuable insight about the site being slow, i'm sure others with the same problem would love to hear it.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Now my site just isn't loading anything. Haven't been able to access it in a few hours. 500 errors upon 500 errors.

However, I am able to view static (non-PHP) files...but it took me 8.60 seconds to load "<div style='background-color: blue; height: 200px; width: 200px; padding: 15px; color: white; font-size: 30px'> Test 1 </div>"

(Growing frustrated at the moment)

semsemx1

Reaction score
No. I think there's only 1-2 images that load on most pages. And those are small images that go with a dropdown menu. Other pages have some other small images...the largest page (image wise) has 16 images in addition to the 1-2, and they're all small (10-12ish kb)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
free-hosting server [ xo1 = (old Absolut) - IP: 198.91.81.2 ]
test by Pingdom Website Speed Test
Code:
Requests = 1
Load time = 13.84s
Page size = 1.4kb
"Your website is slower than 91% of all tested websites"
At times today it has been so slow to load that it trip my monitors as being down
like...
Code:
Date: 05/02/2014 01:57 PM MST
Duration: 6 minutes

Error message from monitor:     ERRHTTP14 HTTP MONITOR ERROR: connect timed out

Last edited:

babin101

Reaction score
I am having the same problem! I am on the absolut server, and it takes about a minute to load. Any more news on this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.