Slow to connect/load page

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolmark18

Reaction score
Hi there. It's taken ages for to connect to my site. I type any address into the the browser and I'm waiting 4 or 5 minutes to even connect before I give up and try refresh. Is there something wrong with the service? Or is this now a regular thing.

Many thanks, Mark

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It is likely that the free server you are on is either experiencing very heavy load or it is having maintenance done on it. Remember, each server has many accounts, so things can slow down from time to time.

coolmark18

Reaction score
Thanks for your fast responce.

I dont just mean slow, I mean the site doesnt connect at all. I've just hit return in IE and Firefox and Im sitting at 5minutes 8 seconds. Not even the <title> appears. Ive just done a speed test and I'm getting 27.57Mb/s down and almost 10 up.

Im now on 6minutes 54.

Any suggestions / help?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
What server are you on?
The server is clearly running because it is not outright refusing your connection, however high load or abuse can prevent it from being able to respond to accepted connections in quick time.
Also, what is the URL of the page you are trying to load?

Last edited:

coolmark18

Reaction score
Thanks again for the reply lemon-tree,

Im on absolut and it doesnt even seem to connect now. It just times out in IE after 6 or 7 minutes.

Cheers,
Mark

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You site is coming up pretty fast for me after a redirect. Have you tried flushing your dns?

3viewer

Reaction score
The speed of my site http://3viewer.elementfx.com/ hasn't been great for a while now.. with timeouts and just general slowness. Any chance you could take a peek on the server it's running on and see whether it's getting maxed out regularly?

Many thanks,

Matt.

cork1958

Reaction score
I've only been using this free hosting service for 3 days and have only been able to get the control panel to even start to load once, and that was yesterday. I'm on same server as OP.

Have flushed EVERYTHING!!

This site makes Geocities look fast, when it was still around!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.