small problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpsycho

Reaction score
ok i just opened a thread and got the reply to read the news and the thread was closed.. this didn't solve my problem.. i know accounts are being moved and such...
the problem ISN'T that no one can access my site its just that I CAN'T access my site my friend is talking to me on msn and is on the site right now but i keep getting the page cannot be found error..
i was busy editing stuff and had about 10 windows open to multiple things on my account.. last time i did this the firewall blocked me.. could this have happened again?

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Sorry.
I misread it. I thought you wrote that your friend can't access it either.

Sounds like the firewall blocked you. You'll have to wait for a admin to read this.

blackpsycho

Reaction score
ok sorry if i sounded a little rude there.. i realize you guys are busy. i can get in again. it seems that if it is the firewall blocking me that it unblocks me after about 20 mins.. if an admin reads this: is there anyway i can avoid this happening? it seems to happen often when i'm editing my site, possibly because i'm uploading, changing, viewing, etc. all at the same time.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
The firewall wouldn't block you for 20 minutes, then unblock you. It would stay blocked until a Senior Staff or Administrator removes the entry.

blackpsycho

Reaction score
hmmm true ok well any ideas as to what might be going on?? could me opening and doing so many things at once be casuing the cpu usage script to temporarily block me.. although i don't think that would be the problem since other can still view the site.

knightcon

Reaction score
You may find that it could be your ISP's firewalls, I have had this problem on other sites before as well. As an avid web developer I regularly have between 10-20 simultaneous internet threads running on my computer, often connecting to the one site. Some ISP's identify this and the automatic filters interpret it as a virus, worm, or other such malicious programming and cut the connection for a short period of time. If the problem persists and it can't be traced back to x10 then I would recommend contacting your ISP and checking to see if their firewalls are set to do this. If they are then there should be a workaround which allows that many connection threads to x10.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't happening from our end. Our resource usage script would suspend your whole account not block you. And like Brandon said if the firewall blocked you, we'd have to unblock you.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.