Smarty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitamata

Reaction score
Hi there. I just signed up and I have two questions.
My fiance and I are making a little browser game. We will definitely be working on it together, so I'd just like to check something. Is it ok for two different people to log in to the account and work on the files/manage the account?

Also, we'll be using PHP to make the site and I'd really like to use the Smarty template engine. Can I do that here and if so is there anything specific I should know? I'd just need the basic smarty engine, no extra plugins. I signed up for an add-enhanced (advanced) hosting package. I tried searching the forums, but I didn't find a definite answer.

EDIT: Oops. Three questions actually. lol
We'll need to use cronjobs for the game. We'll be upgrading the site eventually after we actually *design* the game and let people play it, so the cronjobs shouldn't take up too many resources, but some of them will have to be ran every 5 minutes (just a short update statement). Will that be ok or will it take too many resources?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

1.) Yes, you both can use your account.

2.) We have no restrictions against using Smarty, if you run into issues just post and we'll try to work them out.

3.) A 5 minute cron job would be just fine.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.