SMF/Ad Question

tam-iam

Reaction score
Hi. I have the required X10 ads on my site, however some of my SMF themes don't show them. I have disabled the offending themes, but want to be sure this fulfills my obligation.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Wasn't sure if it should go here or in the Free Host forum. :dunno:

lambada

Reaction score
Are you using the ad manager add-on?

You may need to add any template modifications that add-on requires into the offending template.

I'm not that familiar with SMF though.

tam-iam

Reaction score
Yes, I am using the Ad mod and yes I do need to modify some of my themes to work with it. I am not really up to doing that much coding at this time (tried once and failed miserably), so I have disabled any offending themes from use until I can manage it.

My question is will that be good enough for whatever review process you use? The themes are disabled but not deleted from my site. It's not possible for viewers to use them. I just want to be sure that is sufficient for your review process or do I need to actually delete them?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
If the public can't view them, then its okay. We're only worried about the pages or files that the public can gain access to and view.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
In your permissions in the admin panel you can set who sees the ad. I volunteer at www.smfads.com, well I am an admin there. I am not sure what theme you are using but I have edited some themes for use:

http://files4.smfhelp.com/

Read the red diclamier at the bottom of the page.