smf admin restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcos

Reaction score
is there any way i can restrict the admin group in smf from changing certain settings in the admin cp i wanna have another admim group for me with full access and all the admins get restrictive access to cp so i have more controls over the other admins over the smf forum

LHVWB

Reaction score
The very definition of the admin group in SMF gives them every possible power. You should probably create a new group and give them as many powers as you want, so that they almost have admin powers. I have seen this issue discussed on the SMF forums and there is no easy way of restricting admin powers.

marcos

Reaction score
can i create a new group with (access to admin panel) restricted adminpanel privilege ? or will they be mods tho i want them to think their admins. is there any mod for this

LHVWB

Reaction score
You can create a group with almost admin privileges and call them junior admin or something similar.

Go to Admin -> MemberGroups -> Add Membergroup.
Membergroup name: "Junior Admin" or something similar.
Permissions: by type - "Maintenance"

Leave the other settings they should be fine.

Then under Admin -> Permissions, you can click the "Modify" button for the newly created group.

You will find that because they are a maintenance group, they can have a lot more privileges than the global moderators. You can now restrict their permissions easily.

There may be certain permissions which they cannot have, but they should be able to have most of the permissions which a normal admin has.

LHVWB

Reaction score
A test shows that they can access the admin pannel. You should however be able to restrict what they can do with the "Forum administration" and "Member administration" permissions areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.