SMF Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikloos

Reaction score
Ok, first of all I am not really good with these technical things.
I got my site up and running with the help of a former employee of x10, but now hes gone.

So anyways, now my site hasn't been running for a while, I have been suspended a couple of times so I was told to post here. This is the error message I get:
"Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

I would like to ask if anyone can please fix this for me and also update the SMF board (if newer version is out) without loosing all the posts. I really can't do it myself.

Cpanel username: tikloos
domain: tikloos.x10hosting.com

Thank you.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
You would need to make a test PHP page to test connections to get the exact error as without it theres not much I can say other than mysql is running.

Please confirm how you connect to your db, and try a test php page to connect to it, which outputs the error of why.

tikloos

Reaction score
I don't know how to do that.

I will PM you my password.

Last edited:

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
The problem appears to be in your config file you have said the db name is tikloos_smf1, where as, you dont have a database called that.

Either you need to restore your database from a backup you last took of it, or, make a new one and tell SMF to install.

tikloos

Reaction score
OK thanks.
I though that Brandon (the guy who help me set up my forum) had made a backup of it all somewhere in the ftp.

If you can find it please restore it, otherwise I guess we'll just have to create a new one, so can you do that please.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.