SMF Language Auto-reset Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosting4Life

Reaction score
SMF Language Auto-reset Problem (RESOLVED)

Hello everyone. I have successfully installed my SMF using Fantastico but I am experiencing some issues.

After the SMF installation, I was having a problem with some of my Mods not showing up properly, and no menu option for configuring them. This seems to happen a lot. I did some research and found out that it is because Fantastico installs the board using English UTF8, instead of plain English. So I changed the language "Server Settings" under "Admin CP>Configuration" and select English. All of a sudden I can see some of the Mods and menu links that had been missing. So everything was cool and working perfectly.

The problem is.....when I log out and log back in, the mods and menu links for some of the mods are gone again, just like English UTF8 was selected. I check the Server Settings again, and it still says English is selected. If I just hit Save without changing anything, all of my Mods show up again. I log out, come back and again, the mods seem to be gone. I've cleared my history, my cache, my cookies, and used 3 different computers just to make sure I wasn't viewing a cached page.

Question(s):
1) How can set "English" as the language of my forum permanently?

Any idea? Perhaps a SMF expert around x10hosting? :biggrin:

P.S.: I have already tried using "repair_settings.php" but it doesn't fix the problem. If you would like an admin account on my forum, please feel free to post here and let me know.

Thank You.

I appreciate your help as always!

-Hosting4Life

EDIT: I just found a mod that fixes the problem (Click Here for the mod). If anyone is having the same problem, install the mod and it should work fine.

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
I'm gonna close this, since it looks like you have been able to resolve the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.