SMTP help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sval23

Reaction score
I made a contact form for my site http://feralsandfriends.x10hosting.com using coffeecup form builder. In the form builder I used the settings
SMTP server: localhost
Port: 25
Username: my cpanel username
Password: my cpanel pw

When you click submit on my form it brings up a whole long page of things I don't understand. What am I missing. All I need is to get this form working. Thanks in advance!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I made a contact form for my site http://feralsandfriends.x10hosting.com using coffeecup form builder. In the form builder I used the settings
SMTP server: localhost
Port: 25
Username: my cpanel username
Password: my cpanel pw

When you click submit on my form it brings up a whole long page of things I don't understand. What am I missing. All I need is to get this form working. Thanks in advance!

I've never used the script that you're trying to use right now, but my best advice is to go to http://feralsandfriends.x10hosting.com/form2.asp in your cPanel's File Manager, read everything carefully, and fill in the information as the instructions say. There are some fields where you have to manually insert information.

sval23

Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, that's way beyond my scope of computer knowlege. I don't understand script. I've been using WYSIWYG programs to do everything so I wouldn't begin to know how to fix or insert anything in the script. I was hoping there was an easier way to get the form on my page to work.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, that's way beyond my scope of computer knowlege. I don't understand script. I've been using WYSIWYG programs to do everything so I wouldn't begin to know how to fix or insert anything in the script. I was hoping there was an easier way to get the form on my page to work.

It looks like that page gives step by step instructions and doesn't involve any coding, just filling in information.

Your WYSIWYG program will likely not properly interpret your .asp file, so you'll have to use the Edit feature in your cPanel's File Manager.

sval23

Reaction score
The form builder I'm using has two options PHP and ASP, which one should I be using for this server?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
The form builder I'm using has two options PHP and ASP, which one should I be using for this server?

I recommend using PHP as my website is run on PHP and there are no problems. However, I've seen a lot of threads in the past where people were having difficulties with getting ASP to work.

Hue Kares

Reaction score
I recommend using PHP as my website is run on PHP and there are no problems. However, I've seen a lot of threads in the past where people were having difficulties with getting ASP to work.

Hi legendary adamparkzer; if you're referring to ASP.Net, people are having difficulties because they don't know how to use it, not because it doesn't work - I can confirm it works just fine. A new tutorial on how to make ASP.Net work can be found here.

ASP is a different beast, and will not work here at all sval23. I would go with php like the man said, to be safe.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi legendary adamparkzer; if you're referring to ASP.Net, people are having difficulties because they don't know how to use it, not because it doesn't work - I can confirm it works just fine. A new tutorial on how to make ASP.Net work can be found here.

ASP is a different beast, and will not work here at all sval23. I would go with php like the man said, to be safe.

I'm legendary? o_O lol

Anyway, I didn't realize that the issues with ASP lied within the user, not with the system. That's an excellent tutorial you put together there - I thanked the post and added to your reputation. :)

Hue Kares

Reaction score
Cheers for your kinds words; I'm just going with the community spirit you know... it's nice to help. It'll also be nice to see some different ASP.Net questions...

Anyway, I didn't realize that the issues with ASP lied within the user, not with the system.

Stop saying ASP:spank: It's ASP.Net!

It was broken a few months ago (during all the changes), so it's not all their fault. Anyone who tried to build pages during that time, should try playing with it again now.

sval23

Reaction score
I finally received a test email that I submitted through the form on my site, but it came two days later. And despite doing many test submissions I only recieved the one. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.