SMTP/sendmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avegaille

Reaction score
Recently, the mailing function for my fanlisting isn't working. Is PHP native mail function disabled? Or was it because that when I registered my domain, the settings changed? If so, I want to use either sendmail or SMTP but I'm having some problems.

I made an email account over the cpanel, but my other problems are...

Mail Server Username:
webmaster+electromaster.co.tv
Incoming Mail Server: mail.electromaster.co.tv
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) *.x10hosting.com
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.electromaster.co.tv (server requires authentication) port 5665
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) xstoli.x10hosting.com (server requires authentication) port 465
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

For the username, do I put all of the "webmaster+electromaster.co.tv" under SMTP authentication settings' username and then the password of said created email account?

For the host and port, do I use the first one, or the second one with the SSL?

Enthusiast is only a script I'm using so I am not familiar on editing it from the inside, just through the settings... it uses PEAR Mail...

I get this error when I use SMTP:

Warning: include_once(Net/SMTP.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bunnyp69/public_html/enth3/Mail/smtp.php on line 206

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Net/SMTP.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bunnyp69/public_html/enth3/Mail/smtp.php on line 206

Fatal error: Class 'Net_SMTP' not found in /home/bunnyp69/public_html/enth3/Mail/smtp.php on line 210

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
PHP's mail() function, which uses sendmail, is not disabled and should be working just fine.
As for SMTP, that error indicates that you did not upload all of the necessary files in your script, as it is trying to include something that doesn't exist. SMTP itself should be enabled and also working fine.

If you log into your webmail for your main account, do you see any mail delivery failed messages that may shed some more light as to why your emails are not being sent out?

Avegaille

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will help but... I get this on the error logs whenever I try to test the password reset function using sendmail

2011-07-23 07:28:58 /home/bunnyp69/public_html/enth3/mod_emails.php:598 Email sending to *recipient email failed. PEAR Mail returned this error: Failed to open sendmail [/usr/bin/sendmail] for execution.

I log into the webmail and there wasn't any single email in there... as for the files, do I need to instal PEAR or something?

EDIT: I also changed the sendmail path which I saw in the cpanel but still shows the same error

2011-07-24 12:12:43 /home/bunnyp69/public_html/enth3/mod_emails.php:598 Email sending to *email failed. PEAR Mail returned this error: Failed to open sendmail [/usr/sbin/sendmail] for execution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.