Snow Leopard

Will You Be Upgrading To Snow Leopard Right Away?

• Yes, Of course

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, not for awhile

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I didnt know there was a new operating system coming out

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The person who made this needs to get a life.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

eboyer

Reaction score
Alright mac lovers out of curiosity how many of you will be upgrading right away when Snow Leopard comes out on Friday, August 28th.

I have been following this pretty closely mainly because I want to go get a MacBook Pro for school and I did not want to go buy a laptop then 4 months down the road have to pay $50 some odd dollars to upgrade then deal with the upgrade it self.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just to throw some extra information, for those of you already running Mac OS X Leopard, Apple is allowing you to upgrade to Snow Leopard for $29 if I'm not mistaken. Whether or not you'll receive a physical disk or it'll be a massive download, I don't know. I unfortunately don't own a Macintosh computer here, just an iPod Touch Gen 2 so I won't be upgrading to Snow Leopard.

EDIT: Here is proof to confirm what I've stated above for those who want pics.

Attachments

• OSXsnowleopard.PNG
    OSXsnowleopard.PNG
    575.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have a mac so no I won't be upgrading. One of the nice things about linux is that I don't have to worry about upgrades. They're all free. :D

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have a mac so no I won't be upgrading. One of the nice things about linux is that I don't have to worry about upgrades. They're all free. :D
Please don't bring linux in there :biggrin: jk

Anyways, I have a windows vista with problems to the point SP1 won't install, so I wont be upgrading anything anytime soon! :biggrin:
Edit:
EDIT: Here is proof to confirm what I've stated above for those who want pics.

You must agree that the apple website just looks great! On that matter, I say :thefinger to M$!

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You must agree that the apple website just looks great! On that matter, I say :thefinger to M$!

Ever used GreeseMonkey/Javascript to modify websites? You can do some pretty messed up but cool stuff with those. Otherwise I did notice some small flaw in Apple's website with PCs that have Quicktime installed and use IE6. Other than that, it's a good website.

casey roberts

Reaction score
For $25 from Amazon with free shipping, it's a no brainer. OS X has now made the move to 64-bit only, which means support for more memory in applications. Plus Grand Central Dispatch and OpenCL should speed things up nicely when software is written to take advantage of it. I'm just hoping that Amazon can get it to me tomorrow, or at least next week sometime.