So I just downloaded the extra content for Fallout 3 (XBox 360 version)....

jbdesign

Reaction score
... and went through both The Pitt and Operation Anchorage in less then three hours. Got all of the achievements, goodies, everything and I feel like I kinda got ripped off for how easy they both were. Am I the only one that feels that way? :dunno:

They were fun, but short as hell...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
No idea, but I have been hearing much of the downloadable content or "so called downloadable content" in the case of Resident Evil 5 hasn't been too good lately on the consoles. Is this true at all?

Last edited:

jbdesign

Reaction score
I think a lot of the DLCs out there are a big hit or a total miss. Take the Fallout 3 DLCs, they were good but way short. The Pitt was more fun to me, but didn't seem polished. Operation Anchorage was well polished but didn't feel like it belonged in the game, that and was super short (more or less ran through the entire thing).

I think it really depends on the game. Like RE5s versus mode DLC that you mentioned, you shouldn't have to pay to download it... should have been included or offered for free.

GTA4s The Lost and the Damned, thats worth the time to download. It's like playing a completely different game.

So yeah it does seem like, to me at least, that a lot of the DLC available for games isn't worth the time, effort, or money to download.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I think a lot of the DLCs out there are a big hit or a total miss. Take the Fallout 3 DLCs, they were good but way short. The Pitt was more fun to me, but didn't seem polished. Operation Anchorage was well polished but didn't feel like it belonged in the game, that and was super short (more or less ran through the entire thing).

I think it really depends on the game. Like RE5s versus mode DLC that you mentioned, you shouldn't have to pay to download it... should have been included or offered for free.

GTA4s The Lost and the Damned, thats worth the time to download. It's like playing a completely different game.

So yeah it does seem like, to me at least, that a lot of the DLC available for games isn't worth the time, effort, or money to download.

Nailed that on the top of the head. The Lost and the Damned was itself some nice downloadable content (I saw it). Frankly in my opinion, if you want me to buy the downloadable content, you better give me something that's going to last me more than a few hours, and the content better be a gigabyte or larger (showing that it actually contains content and not some file to unlock things already shipped with the game or some small upgrade). In the case with VALVe and TF2, the updates they have are small files (~60MB), but the class updates and changes are well worth it, especially since they're free as well.

And no, bandwidth is not an issue for these big companies. Bandwidth is crazy cheap (like 0.0001 cents a gigabyte on a 1Gbps line) and if they needed it so bad, they can put up their files on Akamai/Limelight Respositories.

Last edited:

jbdesign

Reaction score
Yeah the TF2 stuff is worth it, really need to get back to playing it.