Resolved SOA Record Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi
On https://tools.dnsstuff.com/ I get a SOA Record Fail when testing domain baybiscuits.co.uk
This seems to have happened since the transfer from xo2 server to x13 server.
I also cannot receive emails from my website, which I could before the change. My site is setup through cloudflare. Could you give a list of settings that I should check/set to allow the email to work and the SOA Record Fail to be fixed.

Thanks

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The nameserver for your domain sets the SOA record. Since Cloudflare is serving your DNS, you will have to make sure it's set correctly there. Unfortunately, I didn't find much on the subject other than this https://community.cloudflare.com/t/adding-a-soa-record-to-cloudflare/62689

Please make sure your Cloudflare account is using x13's IP address: 198.91.81.13 and your domain registrar is using [examplea].cloudflare.com and [exampleb].cloudflare.com. These nameservers are given when you log in to Cloudflare.

Also make sure your MX records are set to x13.x10hosting.com as well. Cloudflare does not send traffic over mail ports, only HTTP and HTTPS ports.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Also make sure your MX records are set to x13.x10hosting.com as well. Cloudflare does not send traffic over mail ports, only HTTP and HTTPS ports.

Do I set the MX Records on Cloudflare or x10hosting?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
MX records are set at Cloudflare, along with any DNS you might require. When someone looks for your site, the DNS system tells the user's browser to go to Cloudflare for all information as they are the authoritative nameserver for your domain. If you would like x10 to manage the DNS automatically, then you would use x10's nameservers ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com . Cloudflare has a lot of nice features, but it does require manual updates and technical know-how.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Thanks for info. Think it's working now.
How do I get a backup of website with directadmin it was easy with cpanel.

Thanks

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
There's no easy way to do this right now. FTP can get you filesystem backups and PHPMyAdmin can dump the databases, but the settings for email accounts and etc. I have not found a way to back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.