Soldat: The best freebie I've played.

sarge_pompus

Reaction score
www.soldat.pl

I've been playing this one for years. Although the community is a little buggered up at the moment, and development is screwing it up for the veterans, its still pretty good.
You get a selection of about 15 different weapons, and 6 or so gamemodes. Common weapons are the famous AK74, Steyr Aug, Minigun/Gattling gun/Ol' Painless, Desert Eagles, Chainsaw, M79 and so on. You can take it to the enemy in classic gamemodes like Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, as well as go stealth style in modes like Rambo Match.
Check the community forums out at www.soldatforums.com, you can also find various mods there as well.

ylapirrynag

Reaction score
Soldat was ok. Whenever I played multiplayer I usually found people using a minigun or M79 the entire time. So I found an even better free game, The Elder Scrolls: Arena.

teguild

Reaction score
You should try a game called subspace. Really simple, but really amazing.

Evocation

Reaction score
Yeah, me and some friends a few years back really got into it was a good bit of fun.

port5900

Reaction score
I still play soldat in between of designing, just cause I can start fast and cut it off fast and go back to work. I play on the old servers version 1.3.1.0 not 1.4 i don't like 1.4...if you ever see Ron Paul thats me.

sarge_pompus

Reaction score
Hehe... Soldat has gotten kinda boring. They have started work on version 1.5... which should go open-beta soon.
It has an ok community backing it though :)