Some crazy problems with my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicia85

Reaction score
I deleted my image folders in cpanel because I wanted to upload a different set, and yet when I follow the link from my account panel, all the images are still there. I did a search in cpanel for some of the image files that are supposedly there, but it says 'no records found'. How is that I deleted the folders and can no longer find them, but they are still showing in my website?

http://cooperneedlecrafts.x10hosting.com/Index.htm]

I really have no idea what's going on here, any help would be appreciated. :dunno:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see any of your images. Looks like your browser is using it's cache. Clear it, and the images will disappear.

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Like xav0989 say, please clean your cache and flush your DNS, then please access again to your site.
Also you can check your site by any web proxy.

gomarc

Reaction score
I must be checking your site after xav0989 and Punk did, because I do see the images, or maybe you uploaded new ones, no way to tell. Anyway, if it’s of any help, this is what I see right now:

euox78.jpg

Side note: Let me recommend you rename your start page to “index.html” ( Notice all lowercase with the extension html)

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Yep sorry, I was follow your link and that redirect me to 404 error page, sorry.
Please let me know the folder when you "have" the images.

alicia85

Reaction score
Clearing my cache did the trick, I'll remember that in future. I've uploaded all my images again but there's still a problem that I've been having from the start. The two images I've used as backgrounds for my tables aren't showing up. I've checked the file names and as far as I can see, they match. This is the code for the table images:

<td style="width: 20%; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-repeat: repeat-y; background-position: center; background-image: url(file:///C:/Cooper_Handcrafts/Images_small/table_background.jpg);">

I used Nvu to make my site, so I don't know if maybe the code is wrong?

sorry for the mulitple colours there...

Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score
<td style="width: 20%; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-repeat: repeat-y; background-position: center; background-image: url(file:///C:/Cooper_Handcrafts/Images_small/table_background.jpg);">

Any reference you make to a pic on your local computer, will never show on your webpage. You must first upload it to the public_html and make the reference from there.

Thanks for the rep alicia85!

Last edited:

alicia85

Reaction score
Any reference you make to a pic on your local computer, will never show on your webpage. You must first upload it to the public_html and make the reference from there.

Thanks for the rep alicia85!

Thanks very much for that, I can see them now after uploading them again. They were in the same folder as my other images so I've no idea why they referenced to my computer. Everything seems to be working fine now except for the fact that I can't find my site when I paste the url into Google. I tried pasting the link from my account page and address when I open up my home page, but neither of them seem to work.

Your search - http://cooperneedlecrafts.x10hosting.com - did not match any documents.

Your search - http://cooperneedlecrafts.x10hosting.com/index.html - did not match any documents.

And yet following that second link from here takes me exactly where I want to go, but it still won't work when I type it into the google bar. :(

Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score

alicia85

Reaction score

Hmm, thanks for the link, what I really needed it for was to send the url to my teacher so she could mark my site. I'm too much of an amateur at everything so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get enough posts up to get my site even close to being indexed.
Edit:
Just thought I'd finish off this thread by saying I can now find my site. I typed the address into the location bar instead of directly into Google, and it seems to work just fine. Many thanks to everyone who helped me with all my problems. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.