Some help on coding for a contact form

ZeptOr

Reaction score
I have two problems/questions regarding a contact form I am making using HTML and CSS

1) I have an image for the submit button, and when it is clicked it just opens up Outlook Express, ingoring the different inputs that I have. I want it to send the information gathered from a user from my different textfields and automatically send it to an email address.

2) For the submit button image, I want it also to have a rollover. How would I go about coding that??

the address to the contact form is here: http://www.alexthegood.com/main/contact.html

aking47

Reaction score
Hmm that's strange. Try adding a hidden field with the name body and using javascript to set the value to a string containing all the values you need from the other form elements, then set the form action to "GET". That worked for me.

dest581

Reaction score
the contact form's action attribute tells it to make the browser open a mail client. that's what mailto: does.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
u would need a php script using mail(); function. If you want I could do one for 25 x10 Points, just put on your site, change post data and go.

btw: Looking at source code, its not even paraphasing PHP

PHP:
	<?php
		function agent($browser) {
		$useragent = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
		return strstr($useragent, $browser);
		}
		if(agent('Firefox') != FALSE) 
		{
			$img = @imagecreatefromjpeg("http://www.greenear.x10hosting.com/Main/dropshadow.png");
			ImageDestroy($img);
		}

else 
		{
			echo "Sorry, it appears you do not have Firefox, which means you cannot see the image.";  
		} 
	  ?>

Last edited:

ZeptOr

Reaction score
yeah my code is messy right now, I am just trying to get everything working then I can go and fix things. That code there was something that I was using, but now its completely useless, I just need to delete it.

Oh, and yeah Brandon ill give you 25 points for that

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
yeah my code is messy right now, I am just trying to get everything working then I can go and fix things. That code there was something that I was using, but now its completely useless, I just need to delete it.

Oh, and yeah Brandon ill give you 25 points for that

K ill do it tommarrow;) Expect a PM or something.