Some Of My Work

galacticgraphix

Reaction score
Pretty impressive work! Isn't it great that now we can learn how to do ANYTHING just by researching on the internet? Keep up the great work!

You can see ORIGINAL designs on my website at www.galacticgraphix.com. I would also love feedback and insight to make my work better!

kaleidoscopekorral

Reaction score
Some interesting and compelling artwork, Corey. If I were you, I would use the grafiti piece as my logo. It is the most legible of the three and has the most dynamic composition. Try using it with different backgrounds and/or colours and see what you come up with.

Regards,
Chapstick

miguelkp

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for grammar and spelling mistakes :biggrin:

Can I give you some advices (only valids if you made it with Photoshop XD)? For the first image:

First, this one I was kinda going for graffiti:
http://www.simplixstudios.com/images/graffiti.png

I would add a blur and a layer mask to the graffiti layer (or group of layers) so it will be more realistic.
I supose the blur has not secrets for you. With the layer mask and the 'render-clouds' + 'render-difference clouds' , you can give the graffiti itself a 'almost random' transparency effect.

Do you know how to make it? Backup the graffiti layer (or group) by copying it (you would want to hide it too). Then merge the group (or group the layer and merge it so the effects you're using are applied at all). Create a layer mask for this layer. Use the render-clouds once with the default fg/bg colors (i.e. white and black). Use then the diff clouds twice or more. Finally, adjust layer mask brightness and contrast and layer itself opacity.
Furthermore, if you change tha layer blending option to 'Overlay', although it will lose colorful, it seems better to me, more pro.

An example (a bit tacky, I know):

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1025/examplelayermask.jpg

Last edited: