Some php functions not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesycraps

Reaction score
I am aware that with the current php configuration upgrades, there might have been some settings and functions affected by this. I am using the Php Intermediate Configuration Version, and everything has been doing fine until today. So I believe it has something to do with the updates.

I am running a Wordpress Blog and haven't touched any settings on my files, but when I tried to automatically upgrade some plugins and save edited post/pages, I get some errors as follows:

Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/myusername/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2216

Warning: getmyuid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/myusername/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 451

I guess some other users are facing closely related script malfunctions, as I have read the other posts.

I fairly understand that the administration has been working hard to make the service better for everyone of us, hence, I am adding this information in hopes to help the admin in resolving some upgrade issues that users, like myself, are encountering.

Thank you and happy 'webbing' to all.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
phpinfo() & getmyuid() was never allowed in the intermediate configuration.

For these you would have to request Advanced PHP config in order to make use of these functions.

cheesycraps

Reaction score
Hmm.. Is that so? I wonder why suddenly everything stopped working properly then. I used to do just same normal routine (editing, updating plugins, saving edited pages/posts) with only PHP Intermediate Version support and things went smooth-sailing, until today.

I have upgraded my WPblog platform and have been using it for already two weeks, and everything's okay. Now I'm surprised why all these errors came up when I didn't touch anything, nor update anything in my blog platform. The only thing I know that's being worked on is the Php configuration and server updates, that's why I considered it.

Oh well, just have to keep observing for now until all the updates are completed, and probably start debugging if still something goes off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.