Some problems after changing domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psoewish

Reaction score
Hey

I think I screwed up somewhere along the way, but still I think you guy would be able to help me the most with the problem I'm currently having =)

The thing is, I had a guild which I made a website for, the URL was "guildnoir.elementfx.com". but now we have disbanded and reformed a new guild, so I wanted to create a new site, along with a new URL.

So I went to my account panel, and changed the domain to newdawn.exofire.net ...

However, When I browse to that page, it tells me that domain is still available. Also, I can't login to my cpanel on that domain, but the old one at guildnoir.elementfx.com still works.

Any suggestions on what I could do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: just tried connecting to the newdawn.exofire.net FTP, and that seems to be not working either, while guildnoir.elementfx.com still works ...

Confusing ^^

Last edited:

QuwenQ

Reaction score
Hm, your site's listed as newdawn from here. Th URL now seems to be active, can you login through cPanel?

Psoewish

Reaction score
Code:
Domain Available
	The domain "newdawn.exofire.net" is available. To get register this domain visit http://x10hosting.com/ and sign-up for your free account. x10 offers corporate hosting on state of the art quad core servers. Check us out and see speed and reliability like never before. 	
This site is powered by x10Hosting.com. Check out x10Hosting to register your own account today. All accounts are run on dedicated servers managed by our staff, we offer the best support and the most features.

That's what I get when browsing to the newdawn URL. I THINK it means nobody has taken that domain yet.

Also, In my account panel it says my domain is newdawn.exofire.net, and the cpanel link links to the correct one as well. But the links themself don't seem to be working, can't login to the newcpanel, but the old one remains active ...

QuwenQ

Reaction score
Corey's making some cPanel changes. Can you try waiting an hour or so for things to update and then try?

Last edited:

Psoewish

Reaction score
I guess I can do that, I told the guild the base of the website would be up by wednesday. And setting up the base takes like an hour or so so take your time ;)
Edit:
Ok seems like it's still not updated, just checked before I'm leaving home so I'll try checking again when I get back (in about 3-4 hours)

EDIT2: I'm home now, and the old site itself is now set to available, and the new one gives me the "index of" page. Haven't tested cpanel and ftp yet, but if I don't edit any more, it means it's all working now ;)

Thanks for the help =)

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I'm going to close this out for now, please re-open if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.