somethigns wrogn with phpbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdj12139

Reaction score
I am working on phpbb for my group and when i tried to install automod customization it began to come up with
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I dont know what to do about this

Jennacide

Reaction score
Hi there Rob!

After reading over what AutoMOD is and does from their website located here, I now have a much better understanding as to what this does and so on. Something to keep in mind about updating and or installing mods to PHPBB, if you don't do EXACTLY what the directions say, you run the risk of experiencing something very similar to this issue here.

Let's take a moment to go over the install directions as per AutoMOD's website:

Five Steps to Install AutoMOD:

1. Upload all of the files and folders from the “upload” directory to your site with the FTP client of your choice. Ensure that you maintain the correct data structure, i.e., files in includes need to go in the includes folder on your site

2. Once the files are in place, browse to the install directory (http://www.yoursite.com/phpbb/install) to run through the simple and painless installation.

3. Don’t forget to delete the install folder from the server or phpBB3 will not allow anyone to use the site.

4. To install the mod, upload the mod files and let AutoMOD do the work!

5. After you upload your mod files into the newly created /phpbb/store/mods folder on the server, the mod will be displayed in the AutoMOD tab in the Administration Control Panel. Next to the name of the available mod is an “Install” link.

I'm wondering if you've deleted the install directory after install. That's crucial as the page will throw an error otherwise and pretty much just not work, that's PHPBB for ya ;). Give it a shot, double check your work and remember, if you don't have anything up on the site, a really quick fix would be to merely uninstall PHPBB from the CP and then reinstall and attempt another install of AutoMOD.

Let me know how your progress went and we can go from there =)

robdj12139

Reaction score
my problem is when i went to do the install part of it the site took a dive on me.

robdj12139

Reaction score
when the sight stopped working i went to reload it all back up and dumped the sight.... it shoudl be back to normal bu i tried a differnet directory and its not working for some reason. same errors but the files are there in ftp and in the file manager

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

ok let me go thru the steps.. im not being very clear on what happend.......
Ok so i uploaded the contents of the upload folder and then soon after the page went down and started throwing those errors. i then was like crap... retry. so i uninstalled the boarder and recrated again and its still giving me those errors buut its able to display the links of my root folder. its very odd. liek the files are still there but im not able to see them anymore.

Last edited:

Jennacide

Reaction score
Hmmm... it's at this point that I'd get into my FTP client and nuke the contents of the home folder "public_html" then restart. You might even want to consider installing using fanstastico (sp?) in the CP, that way the board is installed like it should and there's no issues with the SQL dbase. It's worth a shot, especially since it sounds like you uploaded the files yourself instead of auto-installing.

Another thing, from what you've posted above, it does sound like the files went up no prob, but there was an issue setting up the SQL database. Having the page display your folder tree is a good indication that the dbase wasn't installed properly or at all.

robdj12139

Reaction score
I did use the softopedia or whatever it was. it was weird ill try the nukeing of the folder and see whats up. ill get back to ya on that one

Jennacide

Reaction score
Before you reinstall using Softopedia, please consider Fantastico, I have personally had much more success using it instead of Soft.

robdj12139

Reaction score
no luck with the fantasico wither still reating the same error. did nuke the public html folder too
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Last edited:

Jennacide

Reaction score
Good news! It would appear that your public_html folder had its permissions set incorrectly. They've been changed back to what they should be and now your site loads ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.