Something Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnms

Reaction score
My website is down when I try to connect it, the system says can't connect to mySql ...........

And I have tried changing the index.html links to another temporary site but it doesn't updates. mySql is not hosted here.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
mySql is not hosted here.

Where is your mySql hosted?

Since it's not hosted here, there's not much that x10hosting can do. Why not get it hosted here?

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dm3.no-ip.biz' (4) in /home/dawnms/public_html/web/config/database.php on line 23

This error shows

In database.php file the host is set to 'dm3.no-ip.biz' but it should be 'localhost'

dawnms

Reaction score
This error shows

In database.php file the host is set to 'dm3.no-ip.biz' but it should be 'localhost'

the mySql is hosted on my own computer =.=...so it should not be localhost it should be my IP which is redirected from dm3.no-ip.biz. and I have tried changing the host to other ip and i try it after that the system doesn't updates it still is dm3.no-ip.biz. My website was fine for the pass one month and I found out the error when I came back from school today.

Calistoy

I find the mysql server here is very slow, if I want to change anything might take some time. If its hosted on my computer I can change any info within seconds.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
remote sql is not allowed on free accounts. so you can`t connect to mysql hosted outside of x10hosting

Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score
the mySql is hosted on my own computer =.=...so it should not be localhost it should be my IP which is redirected from dm3.no-ip.biz. and I have tried changing the host to other ip and i try it after that the system doesn't updates it still is dm3.no-ip.biz.

Calistoy

I find the mysql server here is very slow, if I want to change anything might take some time. If its hosted on my computer I can change any info within seconds.

I’m sorry to confirm, but for now, remote access are disabled in the free hosting (for security reasons I believe). You can only connect using "localhost", as Boss is the Best says.

dawnms

Reaction score
I’m sorry to confirm, but for now, remote access are disabled in the free hosting (for security reasons I believe). You can only connect using "localhost", as Boss is the Best says.

Ok, one more thing, about my index.html. I have changed it to another website's link but it doesn't updates.

gomarc

Reaction score
Ok, one more thing, about my index.html. I have changed it to another website's link but it doesn't updates.

Clear your browser cache / temp files.

Last edited:

dawnms

Reaction score
Hi dawnms,

Remote MySQL access has never been available for free hosting users during the time that you have used x10Hosting, which I show as August 2009.

As for your index page, it appears to be loading fine for me: http://dawnms.exofire.net/index.html

I get the following page:

- Adam

But people are still able to visit my site until today though. and the Index.html I have changed the link to another website, and as you can see it's still dawnms.exofire.net/web....

Status
Not open for further replies.