Sony : Keyboard and Mouse Support for PS3

subvertman

Reaction score
For a while many have speculated that Sony would allow people to connect their keyboards and mice up to their Playstation 3 system, but only now at the Games Developer Conference in Europe have they confirmed those speculations. The somewhat shocker is that you can use it to play games! Oh my.

We learned that despite having up to seven Bluetooth 2.0 compliant controllers, and six USB slots, and you will also be able to plug in a keyboard and a mouse. The company representative added that you will be able to play games such as Unreal Tournament 2007 with the keyboard and the mouse. This can mean the end of the auto aiming that you now have on Playstation 2, but I guess that developers will need to make the game fit the controller and keyboard and mouse. //source

I want a gaming console not a computer but i guess with that ugly controller they got to do something else. xbox 360 all the way!

Last edited:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
WOOT!!!! SOny will rule this world with the thing! I am glad that they made this choice. Then for games like Killzone I can play with the keyboard and mouse becasue it is easyer than a controller! SONY Rules!

chaganlal1

Reaction score
YEahh thats hwat im talking about. Make sure all the xbox fans see this feature and weep lol. Hey its not a computer, its also a gaming console it just has better features of a mouse and keyboard :) . Ps3 all the wayy.

forza

Reaction score
A keyboard and mouse eh. Thats... stupid. There just giving me more reasons to buy the xbox 360.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
forza said:
A keyboard and mouse eh. Thats... stupid. There just giving me more reasons to buy the xbox 360.
How is that a bad reson. It rules! :stupid: You can play shooter games much easyer now.

XOBOX 360 is: :eek:wned:

Last edited:

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
i really hate how every company wants to release their system close to the same date as the other companys, it has always been that way, why cant they create one system that supports all games released from these three groups.

subvertman

Reaction score
The thing is that m/kb is better for FPS. As simple as that. But they're totally out of place in a console. Why?

First: Comfort. Having a mouse and a kb while you're in a sofa is not nice.

Second: Looks. You will be doing a jerk of yourself having office devices like that in your living room attached to your hdtv.

Third: Fair Play. Due to the first 2 reasons 90% percent of the gamers would stick to the controller, which implies an advantage for the people with the mouse.

The third point is specially important on online gaming, cause things like this can totally ruin the experience..er, not like sony have something to worry about. heh.

XBOX 360 all the way !

Last edited: