Sony vegas Video editing

boykena18

Reaction score
howdy ... maybe you are already very experienced in the world of editing, especially video, can share the cleverness here, in short we are talking about sony vegas

When I try to render something, once it gets to 4GB it fails with an utterly useless error message:

"An error occured while creating the file x.mp4

The reason for the error could not be determined."

I'm running Windows 7x64 NTFS formatted (saving file to this drive).

There's really no reason why this should be happening...

anyone can help me..?

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you please tell us how are you editing the video.
I suspect that the problem is with the video editing software.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like you're either running a 32-bit version of the software and it's running out of memory, if it is or perhaps it's a limitation with the codec you're using. A bunch of codecs and programs I've seen don't work nicely with videos that exceed the 4GB mark.

jensenajob22

Reaction score
mm.. how mutch ram do you have - the error could be thrown when the ram is spend?
Try running the task-monitor and see if your resourses are suficient. Perhaps larger page-disk could bu a solution.
Br.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
mm.. how mutch ram do you have - the error could be thrown when the ram is spend?
Try running the task-monitor and see if your resourses are suficient. Perhaps larger page-disk could bu a solution.
Br.
Ah..I missed it ..Nope..but I thought he would be testing with a smaller video initially..Nice suggestion by the way..

@boykena18:
What video editing software are you using?

Last edited: