Sorry for the proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

th100

Reaction score
Dear administrators,

I greatly apologize for trying to open a proxy on x10hosting. This is all a seriously big misunderstandment; I didn't know that such things like proxies and broadwidth-consuming scripts were not allowed, since I did not read the x10hosting Terms of Service. My only wish was to share my website with the world and to allow a certain freedom. Once again, I apologize for trying to open a proxy in order to satisfy my friends, and I would like my website and hosting account unsuspended again.

From Taiga Hanatani

P.S. It was quite unexpected how the x10hosting service could find unwanted uploaded scripts in a snap - that was quite impressive.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You marked the box that said you read and agreed to abide by the TOS, so it stays as a permanent suspension.

th100

Reaction score
I believe that the charges pressed against me are a tad bit too much.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
So which would you prefer, a permanent suspension for lying during signup, or a permanent suspension for hosting a proxy?

Both would be permanent suspensions, and there's a reason. Proxies suck up a massive amount of resources and are explicitly disallowed because of this. Granted, you admitted not reading the TOS, however that's just as bad - why would you sign up for a service without reading what the terms of use are?

Proxies aren't anything new either; they were disallowed in the TOS way back in 2005 when I first joined. If you think it's harsh that we aren't able to give you a second chance, there's a reason. We give you a second chance, we have to give -everyone- a second chance, and that adds work for us - we then have to check it again later you don't break the TOS again. That's why it's permanent - that, and that we explicitly said they aren't allowed in the TOS, and it's not even poor wording:

* Proxies: We do not allow any kind of proxies to be used on our servers, for any reason.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You have opened two separate threads about this.
Free Hosting Account Unsuspension
You have been repeatedly told by numerous members of the community support team that this is a permanent suspension.
You have admitted that you uploaded a proxy in violation of the terms of service.
You have admitted that you did not read the terms of service which you agreed to at signup.
I suggest that the next time you agree to follow rules, (terms of service), you actually read those rules.
There is nothing else to discuss.

I am now closing this thread and, once again, tell you not to open any additional thread about this same issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.