spamming woes

massimo

Reaction score
I've been using x10 for years with no problems, and I've loved it.
But now my site's been suspended for spamming, even though I've never sent an email from my account.

I had my support thread escalated to a ticket but haven't had a reply for the past 5 days. So it looks like my account is going to get deleted (10 day rule) which is a shame because I've really enjoyed my stay here.

If I could make a suggestion it would be to take note of account activity when suspending an account for spamming. If an account sends out a zillion emails five minutes after signing up then by all means delete their arse. But if it occurs after someone has been a member for over two years then maybe someone else has gained access to their account by ill means.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok. Lets think that your site is hacked by someone and he is spamming. We don't know whether the owner knows it or not. Someone has to take action to stop it. If we don't suspend then the spamming will not be stopped. It increases the load on the server.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Nevermind. Just checked and saw that you did make a second request yesterday and that one was escaled up.

Hope you get a good resolution to your problem.

Last edited:

massimo

Reaction score
Many thanks Bryon.
I'd love to know what caused this.

Last edited: