specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

_tlbs

Reaction score
I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <http://wordpress.org/> blogging software and I was wondering if my account supported the following:

PHP 4.3 or greater
MySQL 4.1.2 or greater
The mod_rewrite Apache module

Thanks!

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yes, our free servers have PHP 5.2, MySQL 5, and mod_rewrite.

That said, Wordpress is a known CPU hog, and can cause High Resource Suspensions (for using a large amount of CPU/RAM for an extended period of times). While vanilla Wordpress should be fine, many plugins (especially caching, SEO, and sitemap plugins) cause these suspensions.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
All of them are supported, please check your cpanel :: left column.

_tlbs

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am tryin to install it. I've had trouble. When I go to my domain, I get "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" as an error. I edited wp-config.php to my MySQL database information, and the authentication keys, but I still get the error. Is there something going wrong?

I uploaded to the web root via File Manager.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Please make sure that you are using "localhost" as the database hostname.

In addition, you will need to create the database and attach a user to it via cPanel. You should see a "MySQL Databases" icon there that you will need to click to create the database and the database user. See here for step-by-step instructions.

_tlbs

Reaction score
Please make sure that you are using "localhost" as the database hostname.

In addition, you will need to create the database and attach a user to it via cPanel. You should see a "MySQL Databases" icon there that you will need to click to create the database and the database user. See here for step-by-step instructions.

Yeah, I've done all of that. I have all the correct info, and localhost as the hostname, but for some reason it still isn't working. Do i need to go to a specific url? like "mydomain.x10hosting.com/something"?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You should only have to use the script's installation page to enter your database information.
In your case, you would use
Server: localhost
Database name: anaudio_whatyouchose
Database User: anaudio_whatyouchose
Database User's Password: *password you chose for the user's password* -- not necessarily your cPanel password
^- whatyouchose = whatever you chose when creating the database name and the user for your database.

In MySQL Databases in cPanel, you must use the dropdown boxes to link the user and the database together (and select all privileges)

Status
Not open for further replies.