Spy Protector

michael burtenshaw

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove Spy proctor from my lap top?
Edit:
Sorry, It's Smart Protector

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Use The following programs to remove it.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyt...4572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button
http://superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

With MalwareBytes, simply install it, update the definitions file via the Installer itself and perform a full scan. Clean up anything it finds, reboot the PC if needed. Afterwards, install SUPERAntiSpyware, update that as well. Go into the settings and uncheck the settings...

"Skip Files larger than 4MB"
"Scan only known files"
Anything else that excludes files as well.
Enable "Terminate Resident Threats in memory before removing"
Also, disable the "Allow SAS to run in the task bar" and "Start SAS at Windows Start"

Perform a full scan with SUPERAntiSpyware, and once the scan is done make sure everything found is checked and then remove it. Once this is done, make sure that the PC is still operating normally. If it is an the threat is gone, open up both SAS and MalwareBytes, empty the quarantine and you can uninstall the programs if you'd like.

michael burtenshaw

Reaction score
I downloaded the programs but Smart protector will not let me use them. I've also tried Spy Bot, Norton and AVG. I also am unable to go to any programs to delete them. Any thing that will stop Smart Protector it will not let me do.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you tried to use CCleaner it has its own uninstaller and reg cleaner and it cleans cache and all other waste files too. It is good.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, Did you installed the ccleaner. If not get it here -->http://www.ccleaner.com/

Once installed Then goto tools then there you can uninstall any software installed on your pc.

This is general usage of CCleaner
In the cleaner tab you can clean the cache and you have so many options, But general inbuilt selected option are good to use.

Registry Tab, just remove the tick mark on "unused file extensions" Generally i don't select that, to retain unused extensions from registry.

For Registry it is recommended that to save the copy of registry file before cleaning them. It will ask for saving a copy so save them.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
nothing works guess I'll have to live with it

You don't want to live with it. It'll only be getting worse the longer it stays in. From this point, you can do two things:

1: Reformat your PC and reinstall Windows
2: Follow the Instructions below as a last effort.

Download Linux. Any Distro that can read NTFS drives such as Ubuntu will work. Boot it off of the CD, and then open up your Windows hard drive. Locate and Delete the following files.

c:\Program Files\Smart Protector (Delete this folder entirely!)
c:\WINDOWS\certsystem.exe
c:\WINDOWS\microsoftdef.dll
c:\WINDOWS\regred.exe
c:\WINDOWS\securits.com
c:\WINDOWS\spoov.exe
c:\WINDOWS\usexplorer.exe
c:\WINDOWS\system32\winsc.exe
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft AData
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft AData\catmon.exe
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft AData\setup.exe
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft AData\sysinet.dll
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft AData\t.sid
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Index\Drivers
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Index\internet.dll
c:\Documents and Settings\youruseraccount\Desktop\Smart Protector.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\youruseraccount\Start Menu\Programs\Smart Protector
c:\Documents and Settings\youruseraccount\Start Menu\Programs\Smart Protector\Smart Protector.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\youruseraccount\Start Menu\Programs\Smart Protector\Uninstall.lnk

Afterwards, shut down Linux using the shut down button at the top of the screen, and then boot Windows back up. You might get a few errors about programs not being found, that's normal. From there, try running SUPERAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes and see if they can clean up the rest. If not, post back.

Last edited:

Dazz

Reaction score
Download Viper Rescue here and run, it will auto update and scan your system as soon as it installs.

If you can't download it then use a friends PC and download to a usb drive then install on your system.

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
well maybe just re-install Windows again... have you thought about that option, looks like it might be your best option at this point in time... hope this helps!