sql backup/restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjetx

Reaction score
Recently , i backed up with phpmyadmin my ipb forum's database and upgraded it to a new version .
It has been saved in sql format of about 17 mb .

The problem : i go to phpmyadmin , select the database used by the forum and click on the sql tab and i select the file from the hdd and then go ( to import it ) . All fine and dandy till a moment when it says :

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/read_dump.lib.php on line 91

What can i do ?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Wow.. It took over 5 minutes to import the SQL database? =-o

Anyways, what type of connection to the internet do you have?

What is the SQL file saved as? A zip file, gzipped, just a SQL file?

I'm 90% sure that since your problem is because of the 17 mb file being uploaded, and it taking more then 5 minutes to do so. (Since large file == long uploading time for slow connections, obviously)

So the remedy. Try extracting the plain SQL file from the zipped/gzipped file, or just opening it, then copy and pasting the contents into the SQL window. Then select the database used for the forum, and submit it.

I'm not sure about the details of what I asked at the top, but answer those questions, and try what I said. Post here your results.

Last edited:

darkjetx

Reaction score
I have a broadband conection . I had external upload speeds up to 2 mb / s .
It was saved just a sql file .Plane old file that wont complain if opened in word pad :kdubb: .

Ok , but where do i paste the content from the sql file :coolugh:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
In PHPMyAdmin, where is has the list of database in the left hand side frame, click on the little square button that says "SQL", I believe.

In there select the database, then copy and paste everything from the backup file into that textarea. Then submit it. It should work..

:)

Chauhan7

Reaction score
NedreN said:
In PHPMyAdmin, where is has the list of database in the left hand side frame, click on the little square button that says "SQL", I believe.

In there select the database, then copy and paste everything from the backup file into that textarea. Then submit it. It should work..

:)

Thank you

u saved my forum :)

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I take it, that it worked. :-D

Your welcome.

darkjetx

Reaction score
eh..i sorta have some problems ( probably with the memory .... ie freezes when i paste ... probably too much amount of data stored in clipboard ( at 312 mb ram it shouldn't do this , but this is microsoft :( ... ) . Thanks . I'll try it and if i'll succed i'll post here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.