TomyVk

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the following error message for me?:
Code:
[B]General Error[/B]

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Got error 28 from storage engine [1030]

SQL

SELECT l.*, f.*             FROM phpbb_profile_lang l, phpbb_profile_fields f             WHERE l.lang_id = 1                 AND f.field_active = 1                  AND f.field_no_view = 0                 AND l.field_id = f.field_id             ORDER BY f.field_order

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_profile_fields.php
LINE: 218
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_profile_fields.php
LINE: 370
CALL: custom_profile->build_cache()

FILE: viewtopic.php
LINE: 1163
CALL: custom_profile->generate_profile_fields_template()

From what I've researched, the error code 28 refers to not enough space on the host drive to complete the request. Getting this message every time I attempt to open a post on my forum. This started happening a few days ago, but comes and goes (comes more than goes, but....).

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Those issues have been fixed now.

TomyVk, do you still have the error or is it working again now?

TomyVk

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Haven't noticed any problems in the past 12 hours or so. Let's hope it truly is fixed.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Error 28 is either a problem with MySQL, with PHP or with the server itself. In this case, the problem was laying in PHP in which for some reason, was affecting MySQL in the process, causing write errors and failed commands and queues. That's why cPanel while these errors were taking place was messed up, since cPanel does rely on databases and runs via PHP, and also why your scripts were erroring out. These did correct themselves or someone fixed them after a little while, but just as a heads up, when you see these errors propping up, don't write anything big to your database or mess around with it, or dump it, as anything past 32KB will pretty much be toast or not be processed. Reading data however should be fine.

If you're on Lotus, the hard drives aren't even 40% full so there's still plenty of space left on them. Also the RAM and Swap on the server still have plenty of space left on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.