Sql Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob

Reaction score
I make an sql, but under The connection strings area, i get this..

$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "jimbob_jimbob", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("jimbob_Php");

I ignored it at first, and went to create a php tiki, i got an access denied for user localhost or something... Any assistance?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you add the user you made to the database in cPanel?

-Corey

Jimbob

Reaction score
the database has jimbob_mike in it. I set the priveleges for the user jimbob_mike, jimbob being my host name...

Here, when i try to install mr wiki himself

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'jimbob@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /tmp/cpanel.jimbob.1112991871.20855 on line 1181
Access denied for user: 'jimbob@localhost'

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
umm if the user created was jimbob_mike, then the user you used be using for the install is jimbob_mike but in the mysql error you posted it says your using jimbob as the username instead.

Jimbob

Reaction score
No. It wont connect to the sql itself. Like i said
Connection Strings
Perl $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:jimbob_wiki:localhost","jimbob_mike","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "jimbob_mike", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("jimbob_wiki");

Also when i click phpmyadmin i get an invalid username/password even though i didn't put one in?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.