SRV and SPF records for Windows Live Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

termz-design

Reaction score
Hello!
Would it be possible for one of the admins to add the following records to the DNS on my account. I can't find the tool for adding the SPF records, so would an admin be able to add them for me? Here they are, I'm going to just paste it from the site.
Server trust (recommended)
Create a TXT record to allow other mail servers to trust email originating from your domain. Also known as sender ID configuration, this setting will help prevent your mail from being marked as junk mail. Use the following settings:
DNS record type: TXT
Host: termz.co.uk
Value: v=spf1 include:hotmail.com ~all
TTL: 3600 or 1 hour (if requested)

Messenger configuration (recommended)
To federate Windows Live Messenger with other compatible networks, you need to create the following SRV record in DNS.
DNS record type: SRV
Service: _sipfederationtls._tcp.termz.co.uk
Protocol: _tcp
Domain Name: termz.co.uk
Priority: 10 (or High priority)
Weight: 2
Port: 5061
Target: federation.messenger.msn.com

ah-blabla

Reaction score
SPF records can be edited on CPanel under mail->Mail Authentication. However you can only have spf records for domains YOU own, i.e. the SPF record must be entered on the name server which is registered for the domain name the spf record is valid for.

Last edited:

termz-design

Reaction score
Yeah. Thanks for your advice on SPF, just didn't think it would hide in "Email Auth", would've that it would say something like SPF RECORD :biggrin:, so thanks for pointing it out. My domain's registered with 123-reg and is pointing at the x10 name servers (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com). Everything works, but just need the SRV record now, and I don't think you can add those through the cPanel, as Corey added them for me for my previous domain, but it's just that it needs to be done again for my new domain! Annoying, but necessary!

Thanks

Oh, and by the way, I'm on Lotus, with my username being termz and my domain being termz.co.uk .
Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.