SSL Certificate Error?

semsemx1

Reaction score

Firefox: Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
Chrome: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I've tried clearing the cache, nothing.

I logged in and realized that the old cert had expired, it wasn't being auto-renewed, got a new one with the Let's Encrypt ACME under Domain Management, and I'm stuck here.

It's been like three years since I last had to do this with x10hosting, and don't remember if I encountered an error/delay in getting it to work the last time or not.

Any ideas?

semsemx1

Reaction score
I would edit my previous post...but it might get missed.

I have Spectrum Internet, and I have to disable the Security Monitoring for the Spectrum Supplied Router, in order for any x10.mx domain to load.

I found those via Google, can't view them either with Spectrum Security enabled, I just get a Security Threat Blocked message, not an SSL error, but I can view them and my own just fine with Spectrum Security disabled. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about that?

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would edit my previous post...but it might get missed.

I have Spectrum Internet, and I have to disable the Security Monitoring for the Spectrum Supplied Router, in order for any x10.mx domain to load.

I found those via Google, can't view them either with Spectrum Security enabled, I just get a Security Threat Blocked message, not an SSL error, but I can view them and my own just fine with Spectrum Security disabled. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about that?

This can help request to Spectrum to review to unblock for Security Shield. Can only be done by your ISP and their vendor who supplies them the list.