SSL in main domain and other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

softdesi

Reaction score
Hi all,

Let me explain my questions:

1. How can I have SSL in subdomains from my main domain (x10.mx)? I've added the main domain to CF (changing the NS in DirectAdmin to the CF ones, and the certificates stays "Pending validation" as seen below:
upload_2020-1-5_20-8-3.png

The SSL setting is set to Full.

2. Can we have 3 DB instead of 2? Wasn't 3 the default in cPanel?
3. What's the steps to follow in order to add a custom domain (.tk) to Direct Admin and get it working with CF?

I've added a custom domain (robo-tech.tk) to DA and in my registrar added 2 NS, the CF ones. Now in DA, I added that domain in Domains (not pointers) and installed Joomla. I can use the CF SSL certificate, because x10 Hosting does not provide one (maybe we can get one to prevent this CF mess?).
The SSL question is fine, but I can't receive email from Gmail to X10 Hosting...

Can a staff member clarify me in these situations?

Thank you

EDIT: I can't receive emails from my main domain (free one) from Gmail, returning a 533 error. I can send from my domain homewer.

Last edited:

mycoo368

Reaction score

softdesi

Reaction score
Hum, all this SSL stuff is making me switch to another provider, why not use Let's Encrypt, that's free!

Thank you for the help anyway

mycoo368

Reaction score
Hum, all this SSL stuff is making me switch to another provider, why not use Let's Encrypt, that's free!

Thank you for the help anyway
I agree with you. Especially since Let’s Encrypt is free, at the same point the cPanel certs were free as well at the time that it should just be allowed. However, at the end of the day, they still need to make profit from premium users and SSL offerings for them. I would even think if they did offer SSL, it would probably sway some users from premium to free.

mycoo368

Reaction score
Even if we can at least get a self-signed cert for the domains themselves. At least it’ll allow Cloudflare to encrypt end to end. Changing to flexible will at least allow your site to return information but it won’t work until Cloudflare can issue a SSL.

not sure about the email issue though.

softdesi

Reaction score
That's just too much issues, I'll look for some alternatives.

Thank you so much for the help anyways!

mycoo368

Reaction score
Just found out some information from Cloudflare.

For people who have not set up the integration before migration from cPanel to DirectAdmin, it will no longer be possible to integrate with Cloudflare and add the domain successfully anymore. Putting the name servers in through DA will not serve the purpose. X10 staff would have to change it for you as they are the registrar and they are the one’s responsible for doing it.

butter14

Reaction score
That's just too much issues, I'll look for some alternatives.

Thank you so much for the help anyways!

There is no possible way to add SSL on the x10 servers if it's not specifically allowed by the Hosting provider as that would require placing files in the root directory inside the PHP folder and we have no access to that.

The workaround is though Cloudflare but as @mycoo368 said Cloudflare requires you to change your nameservers and for them to actually reflect on the NS records of the domain, even then with the way x10 has disabled SSL with no origin server certificate you can't use Full or Strict on the SSL/TLS setting of Cloudflare meaning only the connection between your users and Cloudflare is secure the connection from Cloudflare to x10 is unsecured

Status
Not open for further replies.