SSL problem please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmix09

Reaction score
So I've Installed a plugin called "iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)"
and It gave me an option to enable SSL for my website, during that time the plugin said the hosting I am on enables me to have SSL on my website. So I think oh hmm sounds wonderful should be good. Instead I enable It and get loads of errors all threw my website. I am unable to access my admin login. I am unable to access my website main url. I am basically kicked out my own website. I have deleted the plugin from the wordpress plugins folder and still the problems stays. I have contacted the plugin developer and hoping to see if they will respond but knowing them they will take days to answer back. So I hoped that you guys could maybe help me?

My website url is: https://no2nsa.x10.bz/

As you can see the error keeps saying:

SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to no2nsa.x10.bz.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

What can I do? :/

matmix09

Reaction score
Sorry I have fixed this now, had to remove a quick code from my wp-config.php file

was just this lol :)

//The entries below were created by iThemes Security to enforce SSL
define( 'FORCE_SSL_LOGIN', true );
define( 'FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true );

caftpx10

Reaction score
Is it really solved? I'm getting this error code from Chrome when attempting to connect: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

bmccoy11

Reaction score
x10Hosting doesn't support SSL, unless you're using Cloudflare.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
x10Hosting doesn't support SSL, unless you're using Cloudflare.
while CloudFlare will use Server Name Indication (SNI) (an extension to the TLS computer networking protocol) - for data sent to and from your 'visitors' and CloudFlare - not all browsers will use it

until x10hosting free-hosting accounts can use CloudFlare's "Railgun" - all data sent to and from your free-hosting account and CloudFlare will use normal HTTP

x10hosting's 'Premium' accounts can use the full 'TLS' computer networking protocol - with their own IP
they can use it with or without CloudFlare

Last edited:

bmccoy11

Reaction score
while CloudFlare will use Server Name Indication (SNI) (an extension to the TLS computer networking protocol) - for data sent to and from your 'visitors' and CloudFlare - not all browsers will use it

until x10hosting free-hosting accounts can use CloudFlare's "Railgun" - all data sent to and from your free-hosting account and CloudFlare will use normal HTTP

x10hosting's 'Premium' accounts can use the full 'TLS' computer networking protocol - with their own IP

Railgun works fine on my account, whether I pay for Cloudflare Business or x10Premium or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.