Star Craft Site Review

max1212

Reaction score

Hey all,
when I started this site I did now know about the problems with using html frames, I'm quite happy with it but I would not use them again.
The centerpiece is SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and will not work with IE (yet). There is some Java on page 4, it would help if it was enabled.
I did not wright the original centerpiece, I modified and extended it.

to do list...
1 Frames, fix white lines or remove frames.
2 Find more gifs.
3 Add meta tags for search engines.

Please! If anyone out there knows how to get rid of the damn
lines going over the page please let me know.

:biggrin: Thanks for your time, Max

wongers

Reaction score
if your using a standardt html framset set then you need

<frameset border="0"> in there somewhere.

the main part of the page doesnt work for me, asks me to download index.svg or something weird?

the navigation links on the left hand side are poor, i dont know where they go, theres no labels.

many of your images used look stretched and pixelated. colour scheme, well there doesnt appear to be one? you've just selected colours at random to reflect your mood?

not a bad start to web design, you've shown some basic understanding, lots to improve on :)

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Try using a better (bigger) graphic elements.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Good site!

but need better graphics...
Your animated picture`s resolution is too large

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
i see you fixed the frame boarders problem, altho there appears to be some form of boarder on the far right hand side but i havent looked in to your code to see if i can see where the problem lies.

you need to watch out for images pixelating which your center piece does. again i cant stress enough, either add some labels or text for your links on the left hand side etc so people know what they are clicking on

max1212

Reaction score
Thanks for your time Wongers but I'm sorry the <frameset border="0"> code does not work.
I have not made any changes to the site and have been using the frameset border code since befor I posted up this review thread.
The white lines that sometimes appear when using frames will both appearand and disappear as the viewer moves their view in and out of the webpage (Ctrl+mouse wheel), or the window size (browser toolbars ect...). If you reset yours you will see them come back again.
This can not be fixed by useing the... frameborder="no", border="0" or framespacing="0" codes and is in contradiction to all help forums I have read.

"To get rid of the white lines, either use border="0" or framespacing="0" on the framesets."
"Try this: <frameset framespacing="0" frameborder="0" border="0" ...>"

It seems like people are cuting and pasting other peoples help posts with out code testing.
If the lines can not be fixed then I will start a new site and not keep working on this one.

Maybe the review thread is not the best place for this but if anyone out there can give me any help with the html frames I would appreciate it, thanks again Max.

Last edited: