starka back online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwiscool

Reaction score
please move this to news

starka is now back online after about 30 hours downtime cpanle has bugged and its made a new folder please re point it to the right folder and your website will be back online

mtwiscool

Reaction score
could you tell me how to do that?
thanks

go in to file manger
you will see
two folders
one with the name your domain with the tld
and one without you tld
deleat the one with out the tld
and rename the one with the tld to remove the tld part and it should work

disclaimer: please check the folder before doing this.

purdyw

Reaction score
Can you provide more detail? What file/directory do you need to go in?

fruitytest89

Reaction score
thanks but - I see all my files OK in File Manager - it's FTP that cannot see my files

walidno1

Reaction score
Mine works perfectly.....dreamweaver connected properly and the site loads perfectly.....THANX again to x10hosting developers :)

Last edited:

capcomx1

Reaction score
Yay! Website working again! Ridiculously slow, but at least it works. Now if only they could get email back up and working. I have a very high tolerance since it's a free service, but 48+ hours is starting to get to me.

sarah.b.morley87

Reaction score
While I'm very glad that things are back online and working, it doesn't feel right that the folder name it's pointing to doesn't have the extension. What if my account had two domain names one with a .net and one with a .com extension with the same name? How would it know the difference?

I guess my real question is whether or not this is something that will change in the near future or if from now on the folder name will now not have an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.