Starka/Chopin problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejv4

Reaction score
OK, For anybody that has not checked out the Service Alerts at http://status.x10hosting.com/
here's the scoop...

x10hosting has been moving all of the free accounts to new servers. Part of this move included merging all of the accounts that were on Starka, onto Chopin. During the move, some problems were encountered, requiring the staff to re-copy 2000+ accounts all over again - this is in progress right now, and is a process that is measured in days, not hours.

I'm sure that the staff is just as unhappy about having service problems as we are at experiencing down-time. These guys pride themselves on up-time - the single most important metric for any hosting service.

While I'm not happy that my site is down, I have confidence in the x10hosting staff that everything that can be done to bring things back online, is being done.

In the mean-time, I will continue to monitor http://status.x10hosting.com/ for updates, not expecting to see an update until there is something new to report.

I'd like to suggest that everyone else follow suit. Again the status updates link is: http://status.x10hosting.com/

Last edited:

joejv4

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured maybe it might help to cut down on a lot of the "My website is down" posts.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It's really no use making a thread like this in the support forum. It's most likely gonna be buried as spam especially since none of you are moderators nor staff. This thread will usually go unnoticed anyways because users coming to this forum will usually post their threads asking for help without ever reading the other threads at all. This is usually due to the link to the support forums at the top of the forum making them create a support thread immediately.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
It's really no use making a thread like this in the support forum. It's most likely gonna be buried as spam especially since none of you are moderators nor staff. This thread will usually go unnoticed anyways because users coming to this forum will usually post their threads asking for help without ever reading the other threads at all. This is usually due to the link to the support forums at the top of the forum making them create a support thread immediately.

Well actually it doesnt matter whether they are moderators or staff if staff decides its important then they will sticky it. The people you are refering to are the ones that caused the support forums to be closed and there is nothing to be done about that. However the above average user like the ones that actually use the service in smart ways will notice this thread if its stickied.

P.S. I second that this should be stickied. (mods you know it should)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Well actually it doesnt matter whether they are moderators or staff if staff decides its important then they will sticky it.

I thought they already decided this when they repeatedly said not to create threads about Chopin in the support forums.

Last edited:

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I thought they already decided this when they repeatedly said not to create threads about Chopin in the support forums.
Not necessarily they were just not wanting people to repeatidly ask "when is chopin gonna be fixed, I really need my website". They were also trying to reduce the amount of time that is spent by staff and community voluniters on threads about chopin. Also x10 just hates spam. That isnt necessarily absolute in that corey or any of the other staff can over rule that.

odysseyinsurance

Reaction score
This is a good thread actually - I just wasted my time making a thread about not being able to upload hehe although I don't know if my issue is part of the merger process, so I guess I will keep it open but I agree - make a thread similar to this and say what type of services will be effected.

silverbird775

Reaction score
May be the special queue for people who are ok to get blanked and reupload everything whould spead up the transfer? I begin to worry a bit if it may take a lot of time to sort everything by hand. Don't know where the problem is but indeed a disappointment.

joejv4

Reaction score
May be the special queue for people who are ok to get blanked and reupload everything whould spead up the transfer? I begin to worry a bit if it may take a lot of time to sort everything by hand. Don't know where the problem is but indeed a disappointment.

2000+ accounts is a lot to re-do after the glitch with the DC. I notice posts from Corey during the wee hours of the morning, so I have to guess he's not getting a whole lot of sleep while they're working to get everything back online.

We know there is a problem, we know it's being worked on, and now we just need to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.