Starka is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strauss

Reaction score
Have been troubleshooting with people on the IRC channel.

Starka is not recognising my domain name correctly, thought this might be a DNS issue so changed my name server to the x10 nameservers. No change - but also can't add an MX record or remove the default MX record. I get the error "Error fetching zone data for strausshouse.com.au.db's MX". I also get this error when trying to add a new MX record, and another user on Starka in the IRC channel was able to replicate the same error when trying to add an MX record.

It appears that Starka's DNS db is not working properly or something to that effect.

Please fix it soon!

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
I am the other user. I'm using an exofire.net subdomain, so I think it's a mail thing, not a domain name thing.

Also, I'm able to load http://strausshouse.com.au/ just fine, so I think that issue is (was?) unrelated.

--- Mr. DOS

wild bill

Reaction score
This is the dns I see on my local network. Im not seeing an MX record tho.

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: strausshouse.com.au
Address: 69.162.111.26

> strausshouse.com.au
Server: home
Address: 192.168.1.254

Non-authoritative answer:
strausshouse.com.au internet address = 69.162.111.26
strausshouse.com.au
primary name server = ns1.x10hosting.com
responsible mail addr = support.x10hosting.com
serial = 2009111102
refresh = 86400 (1 day)
retry = 7200 (2 hours)
expire = 3600000 (41 days 16 hours)
default TTL = 86400 (1 day)
strausshouse.com.au nameserver = ns2.x10hosting.com
strausshouse.com.au nameserver = ns1.x10hosting.com

strauss

Reaction score
Nearly a day now and as the nameservers have changed over to ns1.x10hosting.com my mail has now stopped working because I can't modify the MX record. This is bad. This is very bad.

I am still getting the same error when trying to make any change to the existing MX record in cPannel.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I will escalate this thread up to a support ticket so staff members are alerted of the problems. Once the issue is reviewed, the problem will be fixed as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.