Starka Server Migration Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Starka will be the first to be moved over to a new server. In preparation we will be updating cPanel this evening. We have plans to do the migration tomorrow. More information will be posted prior to the move.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are going to start syncing information from Starka shortly. There will be a brief period of downtime when we switch the SAN over to the new server, an update will be posted prior to that happening. Please keep an eye on this thread if you are on Starka for the next 24 hours.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We will swapping /home over to the new server now for testing, this will cause issues. More updates will follow shortly.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything has been swapped besides the IPs... we have a tech changing the IP range from the old Starka to the new one. Once it is swapped websites should load fine again, we will need to do some testing with cPanel though to verify that is intact and working.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything has now been swapped. cPanel is doing a forced update and then we'll do some testing. We expect this update to take a couple of hours.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We will be moving MySQL this evening back to the local server. This should increase the speed of MySQL a great deal, more updates will be posted tonight regarding this move.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.