Starka server status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipodtouchforum

Reaction score
Where can I view the status of the starka server? On x10's server status site, every server but starka is listed there.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
you can view status by going to your cpanel if you are on starka server

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The staff are working on a new system to check server status. I have been told by staff that all current ways of checking server status are not accurate and cannot be relied upon.

ipodtouchforum

Reaction score
you are wrong my site is also on starka and is working fine!!!!
Umm, constantly working fine? Because for the past 2 months I have had 30 minute long downtimes every day, and those stopped this week, and have been replaced with overall slow loading times. Yet cPanel always loads no matter if the site is down or not and says everything is peachy.
Edit:
The staff are working on a new system to check server status. I have been told by staff that all current ways of checking server status are not accurate and cannot be relied upon.
Where can I read about this kind of stuff because I haven't been able to find any information relevant to my server that is recent.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The staff are working on these issues. The problem seems to be that some users have created accounts that are using too much server resources. They are being found and banned, but the automatic system is not fully working yet. At least, this is what I understand the problem to be.

I was told about the server status issue in a pm, so I don't have a link to it. This works OK, but don't trust it 100% :)

http://x10staff.co.cc/status/

Last edited:

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
but my site is working perfectly so what is this???

according to you that your site is down little bit

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you read the announcement Corey made today, it looks as if CPanel is the problem because it's not designed to handle a site as HUGE as x10. So, the information in CPanel may be incorrect for this reason. The link I provided does not use CPanel, but because it does not run on the servers like CPanel, it does not have access to all of the information and it may not be as accurate as CPanel can.

ipodtouchforum

Reaction score
If you read the announcement Corey made today, it looks as if CPanel is the problem because it's not designed to handle a site as HUGE as x10. So, the information in CPanel may be incorrect for this reason. The link I provided does not use CPanel, but because it does not run on the servers like CPanel, it does not have access to all of the information and it may not be as accurate as CPanel can.
Yeah, I have already posted in it.

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I am also on starka server and noticed that my page seems to hang from time to time. I assumed it was because my internet connection stinks, but now I'm curious if the server is just over-burdened. I also noticed that updates I made to my site about 16 hours ago haven't shown up on the actual site yet.

Jeremiah

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
it really seems that starka server is down. i think this is due to performing maintainess on server

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I hope so, though there is nothing in the server status forum yet.

Jeremiah

gophercg

Reaction score
yes, my site if you try http://gophercg.com I think it forwards or is registered as the domain directly, anyways... it's on Starka and at least 2 times per day I edit my site, it blanks out on displaying the site. It doesn't always correlate with the FTP halting or loading slowness. cPanel always works as usual, nice to have.

I might upgrade, if there's like an annual plan. but i don't know if that cures the uptime and painful speeds my friends see when loading my site from other continents.

Status
Not open for further replies.