Starka

Status
Not open for further replies.

troll89

Reaction score
I heard Starka is having problems, but what is starka. Is there a way to get off it and on to something else? Im wondering because my website wont load

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
myBB forum in gray/dark red. Loads for me.

Starka is the name of one of the free servers (Stoli, Boru, Chopin, and Lotus are the others). Due to heavy use (and sometimes abuse), they have problems from time to time. Seems to run in cycles. No one server is immune to problems. And they do not move accounts from server to server.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Starka was under a large attack yesterday, which was causing the issues others have posted about (we had over 16500 connections at one point in time!), but it has since subsided.

xm

Reaction score
Starka was under a large attack yesterday, which was causing the issues others have posted about (we had over 16500 connections at one point in time!), but it has since subsided.
It hasn't subsided for me.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It hasn't subsided for me.

Can you provide information about the issue your having? Errors you're receiving, what you're doing when you receive these errors, and URLs they appear at?

xm

Reaction score
Can you provide information about the issue your having? Errors you're receiving, what you're doing when you receive these errors, and URLs they appear at?

They're not errors. My site REFUSES TO LOAD at times, for periods of up to 6 hours at a time. I use Invision Power Board 3.3.4, and yes, I have a license key that I paid for. Are you x10 staff?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
She is indeed a support volunteer. As your site loads just fine for the both of us, and I can assure you that the previous issue I mentioned has indeed subsided a while ago, we need this extra information in order to assist you. The best place to provide it is in a support ticket.

Last edited:

xm

Reaction score
He is indeed a support volunteer. As your site loads just fine for the both of us, and I can assure you that the previous issue I mentioned has indeed subsided a while ago, we need this extra information in order to assist you. The best place to provide it is in a support ticket.
Well, if you would like to "assist" me, you could help by moving me to stoli or boru. Other than that, I don't see any other fix. Simply, my site will NOT load up, and I keep getting this:

[h=1]Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to mysite.x10.mx[/h]
It is very annoying that every 5 minutes the site is down for up to 6 hours, then back for about 20 mins, then down again.
I've seen better from x10, and you guys obviously have serious issues with starka.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site loads just fine for me as well. Have you considered/investigated the possibility that the problem lies elsewhere? Have you tried a tracert when you're getting a "could not connect"?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
He is on Comcast, which seems to have caused problems for some people.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The Comcast issue should have been resolved, unless Comcast decided to not fix the issue like they said they did.

Can you run a traceroute on starka.x10hosting.com please, so that we can see if there's any connection issues between you, your ISP, and/or the server?

P.S. @Skizzerz: 'He'? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.