Start me up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zalaeth

Reaction score
Hello!

I've just registered to free hosting on here. However I had NO welcome email, so I know nothing of my settings. Using my username and password does not let me log in into cpanel, I need that thing right? Also I have 48h to setup my domain (co.cc), I've set the name servers but...what else am I supposed to do? Dont I need ftp settings to upload my settings? Sorry if my post sounds rude, I don't mean to, it's just that all I've wanted was to get my site online and I have no idea what to do, and I didn't even get the settings I need.

EDIT : I've found my CPanel login informations, it seems it was case sensitive, while the actual username on the site is not, I was using Zalaeth instead of zalaeth and this is why it would not work.

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to x10.

This may sound silly, have you check your spam box? Also they may be a slight delay in sending your email.

Daniel

zalaeth

Reaction score
I did check my spambox, and it was over an hour ago since I created my account.

Danielx386

Reaction score
Ok, did you ever get an email asking you to click on a link in it? Do you think you may have mistype your email address?

zalaeth

Reaction score
Yes I had gotten the confirmation email. Anyway I've found my ftp settings in the cpanel, I've uploaded all my website's files in the www folder. However I still see the domain information page and now my website, what did I miss? And how do I set up my mysql?

EDIT : I put ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com as my name servers on the domain settings, it says it can take 48 hours to update, I guess thats why my website isn't up yet? I've clicked the mysql link on the cpanel but it says I have wrong password or username, without even asking for them.

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
To set up your domain, the name servers are ns1.x10hosting and ns2.x10hosting.com In your cpanel, you go to Addon Domains.

For mysql, you can create your databases and account for then in MySQL® Database Wizard. Again that is in your cpanel.

Daniel

zalaeth

Reaction score
I created a database with the wizard, and set my username and password. However it would be awesome if I could access it, no idea how to get to my phpmyadmin. And, Addon domains is for subdomains, I just want to get my main site directly on my domain, I set it on my domain options directly but I've found nothing to set on cpanel.

EDIT : Apparently adding a database does nothing at all, when I come back on the database screen it still says "There are no databases associated with your account.".

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
For phpmyadmin : There is a link called phpmyadmin in your cpanel.

About addon domain, I've set up my domain in there so i'm sure that it works.

Also if the home link on the top left hand corner won't work, go back and click on the home link located on the botton of the page.

Attachments

• cp1.bmp
    367.2 KB · Views: 28

zalaeth

Reaction score
My phpmyadmin says my password is wrong without even asking for it, and I have no idea what to put in "addon domain" thing, and I still can't add a database, it just dosen't add, without any error message.
Edit:
"An addon domain allows you to reach a sub-domain when entering the name of the addon domain into a browser. This means that you can host additional domains from your account, if allowed by your hosting provider. Addon Domains are relative to your account's home directory."

I just want to access my main domain, but absolutely nothing works on my cpanel, databases just don't add and I can't access phpmyadmin, and my webpage still shows domain information, can't anyone help?

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
There seems to be a kink in the mysql database connection for x10's new server. the administrators have been alerted and a fix should be on its way soon.

Please take a look at the screenshot that I posted with this post about the addon domain

Attachments

• cp2.PNG
    cp2.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 23

zalaeth

Reaction score
Alright, I have put "rsseater.co.cc" in the new domain name field, which is my domain I've registered for today.

I can't use my FTP Username "zalaeth@rsseater.co.cc" for the Subdomain/Ftp Username: field, it says "Sorry, the sub-domain/ftp username can only contain an alphanumeric string.".

So if I put only Zalaeth, and use my ftp password, it will nicely tell me "Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!".

Danielx386

Reaction score
"Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!".

Hi, I just contacted someone who got access to the details about your account, and it looks that your domain is setup in cpanel. All that you need to do now is set the name servers in the control pannel for .co.cc

zalaeth

Reaction score
I did, and when I go to my URL I still see my the domain info instead of my website.

Service Type : Name server (DNS)
Name server : ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
Created on : 2009-12-11
Last updated on : 2009-12-11

(Please set up the domain in 48 hours. If not, we will cancel the registration)

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
please note, it may take 24 - 48 hours for the domain to work correctly.

Daniel

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi zalaeth,

your domain seems to have setup correctly. (http://rsseater.co.cc/)
If you still get your domain info rather than website, you may need to clear you cache/restart your browser and try again

I believe the mysql location for the cossacks server is: mysql-cossacks.x10hosting.com instead of the 74.63.233.5 you put

also as Daniel mentioned earlier that there are kinks in the new server, specifically on the mysql, you may have to wait until an administrator clears up this problem.

please just hang in there.

Last edited:

dito7967

Reaction score
Adding to what Daniel Said:
It can usually update within a couple of hours these days.

zalaeth

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean with your mysql location, if I try to go there it says "The page you requested does not exist! Why not take a moment and register it now? Sign-up with x10Hosting.". And I can't even access phpmyadmin, that's part of the "kinks" ? How long can that last? There aren't many websites that can work without a database..

No Date Domain Service Type Status
1 09-12-11
rsseater.Co.CC

Name server(DNS) Allowed

Sorry for the crappy display, but dosen't that mean that my domain is supposed to be "working correctly" ?

Last edited:

dito7967

Reaction score
HTML and PHP basic websites can run without MySQL.

Not all websites require a MySQL database script ;)

Last edited:

zalaeth

Reaction score
Using php without mysql? Well I guess you can use files..

I'm not even sure if my domain is set correctly, if it isn't I'm gonna lose it in like 44 hours and have to do it all again :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.