Start me up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
just as a reminder if you did not see it the first time.

mysql on the cossacks server(new) has some kinks in it which prevent access/connection. Mysql should be back up shortly.

dito7967

Reaction score
You dont always need MySQL for everything. Although it is very useful in scripts.

info11

Reaction score
I hav regiserted my acc 2 hours ago. i got confirmation email. i hav co.cc site nd i hav pointed name servers also. but now what i do. when i log in cpanel they say login failed.

zalaeth

Reaction score
Make sure you type your username (your username is identical everywhere) in LOWERCASE in cpanel, it dosen't accept uppercase. Once you get in your cpanel thing, just follow the "tutorial" which will help you set a lot of things.

Now apparently my domain was set correctly, as I can see my mysql errors on my domain page, it's just...long.

For diabolo, yes I know mysql is down. But I still though we could access phpmyadmin, I thought my error (wrong password or username, without asking me) was due to some setting I had to change, like with wamp if you set a password you need to change the authentication settings to cookie or http if you want phpmyadmin to ask for your password, I thought there would be some setting like this to change somewhere.
Edit:
I can get to my phpmyadmin now, only little problem left is that it won't accept my .css file, maybe I had a different version on my local apache? Here's the line :

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" title="Design" href="CSS/main.css" />

Of course the folder is good, this just won't take my css file.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Edit:
I can get to my phpmyadmin now, only little problem left is that it won't accept my .css file, maybe I had a different version on my local apache? Here's the line :

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" title="Design" href="CSS/main.css" />

Of course the folder is good, this just won't take my css file.

The file on the server is Main.css

Capitalization Matters in *nix.

A good habit to get into is use all lower case for file and directory names. Especially if you develop the site on a Windows machine and upload to a *nix machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.