Status on mail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
Over a week ago it was mentioned that the mail/smtp issue would be fixed sometime last week. The week has now passed and haven't heard anything here on the forums nor the status page. What's the status on this issue?

Thank you.

sarah.b.morley87

Reaction score
Is it still not working? I've since decided to change to paid hosting (somewhere else where I know they have good support), but I was curious if they ever got e-mail back up again. From the lack of response on this thread, it makes me think not.

pinteric

Reaction score
Same problem here. Variuous problems persist for at least a week now. I don't receive or can send mail for days.

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
This week is almost over and still no response. I can understand keeping mail tightly controlled when being sent from x10's servers but I use an external server through smtp (GMail). Is there any way to at least open the use of smtp?

pinteric

Reaction score
I don't know about others, but also do not get mail from outside.

I cannot be even sure that someone is working on the problem, there is no public or personal confirming that they are aware of the problem.

There are few really important mails waiting and I really badly need them. I ask kindly, kindly as possible, that someone resolves those issues.

Thanks!

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
Try the x10hosting email as a backup. Works fine for me on Boru.
No email I use works, whether through my webpage or cpanel, and yes I'm also on boru. This discussion is about the php/smtp mail function. BTW, Using php/smtp function with my x10hosting mail address does nothing. Believe me, I've tried every email account with my website and either they fail with error or does nothing.

Reaction score
HI there,

I have just created a ticket for a problem on Boru when using SquirrelMail form the cPanel of my account.

When trying to send an email, there was an error message that a connection to the SMTP server could not be created.

Am not sure whether Boru is still having problems or whether is my mail setup... but it does seem indicative that I was in cPanel at the time.

I have been trying for ages to get my mail system working where it uses Gmail servers.... it was working but then stopped.... probably because of Boru's issues and the status page doesn't show anything at the moment...

Allan

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
It seems obvious that this issue will not be fixed nor addressed. What disturbs me about this and a lot of situations with x10hosting isn't the fact that things don't work but the lack of communication to us users.

Per this post:
Corey said:
If I don't hear any good news by Monday I'll have the changes reverted which should fix any external outgoing connections. Mail is very sensitive on free hosting due to the severity it is abused, it's a constant battle to try and filter out spam vs legit email especially when people are sending the spam from your servers.
That Monday has long passed passed and not a word has been spoken about this. Of course the issue remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.