Still can't access C-Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

roryx10hosting

Reaction score
My website is http://roryservicetest.x10hosting.com . I can access my Website fine but when I try to access
my C-panel at http://roryservicetest.x10hosting.com:2082 I get a "page not found error".

trossin

Reaction score
I have the same problem as well as two of my web sites saying page not found or there is no such address errors. I think the whole x10hosting world is upside down today.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
All three of you are having problems because there are upgrades going on right now on the cPanels and Apache. Please keep an eye on http://status.x10hosting.com/ for updates to the upgrades.

FangerZero

Reaction score
They're quite vague as to rather or not it's working. Just because you're updating something, doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. They should say, "cPanel will be down." or "cPanel may be inoperable during this time."

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
They're quite vague as to rather or not it's working. Just because you're updating something, doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. They should say, "cPanel will be down." or "cPanel may be inoperable during this time."

Everytime there has been maintenance or upgrades, things have gone down. It's usually a sure bet that something will be inoperable during upgrades.

FangerZero

Reaction score
That may be true here, but it's pretty unprofessional to not say it will be down. There are many sites around that update themselves, but still are up and working 100% for the viewers/customers. I don't mind it being down, they just need to add the status of what is being worked on.

Last edited:

roryx10hosting

Reaction score
I Joined this Host several weeks ago and have never had cpanel work... Except last night when I tried. But now it is down again. :(

Frustrating.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
That may be true here, but it's pretty unprofessional to not say it will be down. There are many sites around that update themselves, but still are up and working 100% for the viewers/customers. I don't mind it being down, they just need to add the status of what is being worked on.

Think of it like this: try updating/installing new anti-virus software updates and run that same anti-virus program to do a virus scan on your computer all at the same time. It's a sure bet that you can not do both at the same time. It's usually the same with any computer program that you have because a lot of them tell you to close those programs before installing anything. Apply that example to cPanel and Apache software upgrades. This is why there will always be at least some accessibility problems to hosting accounts during any upgrades that apply to them.

Most of these changes were announced starting around mid-January before they started implementing them. I believe that the server status page and announcements forum sufficiently let us know what's going on. When staff announces that they are upgrading cPanel, the message itself should be understood as a sufficient explanation why people will be having problems with their cPanels while the upgrading is going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.