Stoli FTP Disk full error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclmatty

Reaction score
This error has been around for a while, it is not even on status.x10hosting.com.
I am kinda annoyed with this because it is usually resolved within hours but it has been days.

Have you just given up with Stoli?

Is administration even aware of this issue?

I would hate to be a paying customer if the service over there is as unreliable as this! I have considered going premium but with the ammount of down time you have not really set a good impression for yourselves.

Last edited:

mclmatty

Reaction score
Administration is now aware and working on the issue. I didn't put in a support ticket because that just backs up the system even more.

rhinosfl

Reaction score
I put in a ticket because I read (and believed) that I should as a result of the topmost "sticky" in this forum. But then the responder told me that I shouldn't have done so because the issue was mentioned on the "status" page - which I couldn't remember how to find.

Well, it's been something like 36 hours now since I first noticed the problem and it STILL isn't fixed. The status page just says that they know about the problem and are working on it, which is exactly what it said many many hours ago.

How long does it take these folks to put on another hard drive? I'm not a professional administrator but the last time I did it on my own computer, it only took a couple of hours and the vast majority of that was because I had to figure out the special software I needed to be able to see the whole disk. These guys should be way better at things than me yet I still can't upload to my domain. I'm starting to think I need to find another hosting service....

mclmatty

Reaction score
It is not as easy as just 'adding another drive' there is a physical and power resource limit.

The way hosting works is that not everything is stored on the physical server, all your files are stored on a SAN (Storage Area Network) which is then served by the SAN to the web server and then delivered to the clients though the network.
I do not know 100% what the issue is because x10 are very cryptic when telling us about problems however I know a lot about networks, servers and computers and using my knowledge I can tell you that there is a 90% chance that this is NOT a software error but rather the SAN has actually hit it's physical limit on disk space. I do not think they can just add another drive to the empty bays because there are probably none left.

rhinosfl, you need to remember that Stoli does hold (from what I last heard) 30k accounts.

Edit: As for finding another hosting service, I'm not sure x10 would be too happy about me advertising other services but just Google: 'Top 10 free web hosts'

Last edited:

Avegaille

Reaction score
I find it ironic how the status page says this issue has been resolved but the issue is still persistent... :p

peeters_wim86

Reaction score
Last week I was Able to upload using FTP, little bit data.
Yesterday (and now) the FTP program reports "disk full error" again.
Not fixed

Since the status page reported resolved, I put made a new ticket.

gr Wim

Status
Not open for further replies.