Stoli MySQL databases still causing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickmanx262

Reaction score
I think it's been... maybe a week now? No matter how long it's been, there is the occasional error involving MySQL with my installation of Simple Machines Forum. The two most typical errors are:

White Screen:
SMF Was unable to contact the database. This may be due to an error or the server being busy.

SMF Software Still runs:
Got error 28 from storage engine - check database storage space or contact the server administrator.
Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.15, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Now, if I could find such a file as upgrade.php, I would take care of this problem myself, but I'm pretty sure that's something on the server end that I can't mess with.

Over the past however long this has been happening, the problems fix themselves, but it is still an annoyance that, in the past, did not occur.

Please note that I rolled back the SMF forum software to 1.1.14 for three days, and problems like this still happened, so 1.1.15 is not the problem.

EDIT: Updating the database apparently wasn't even causing this problem, and in fact, was just the forum giving a possible reason. The database is currently at version 1.1.15, but it still throws the error.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

After working all day on this, I have determined that the problem is in no way on my end. I would appreciate some sort of clarification as to why exactly the MySQL server has been acting strange lately, since there have been no news topics alerting us of any form of downtime, especially not on Stoli.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.