Stoli server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesxbrutal85

Reaction score
Is it ongoing? I am trying to do some work on my site as I just started hosting and I am getting the same message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Please ensure you have NOTHING CHMOD 777. Generally, files should be 644 and directories 755. Also, please post the contents of the .htaccess file in the /public_html/kingwt/wordpress/ directory. If using cPanel file manager you may need to enable the viewing of dotfiles to see it.

Thanks.

wesxbrutal85

Reaction score
I went through my FTP and changed all of the files to 644 and all of the directories to 755. I then tried to get back to what I was doing with no luck.

After searching to find it in the wordpress document, I discovered that it wasn't there. It is actually in my public_html file but I can't get it to show up. How do I make it visible in the public_html folder? When I search for it in the file manager it shows up but when I click on it, it just opens the folder, providing no access to the actual file.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

You need to enable the viewing of dotfiles as I said before. To do so, tick the box on the pop-up that appears immediately after clicking the "File manager" button from the main cPanel screen. Also, it's the .htaccess in the /public_html/kingwt/wordpress/ that I'm interested in.

Thanks.

wesxbrutal85

Reaction score
The only .htaccess file that I have in my filemanager is in the public_html directory alone. WHen I opened that .htaccess file using notepad, it was empty

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
So there is no .htaccess in your /wordpress directory?

wesxbrutal85

Reaction score
according to the search done by the Cpanel File Manager, no. The only htaccess file is found in the public_html file

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay. Did you install Wordpress manually or via an autoinstaller such as Softaculous?

wesxbrutal85

Reaction score
I can't get it to install at all. I am getting the "500 Internal Server Error" while trying to install it. I can't access that folder now either since I changed the chmod

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Right. If you PM me some login information, I will check on the settings for you if you like? It may be the easiest way for me to check common issues.

Thanks.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the PM. There was a very large permissions error. Every file was CHMOD 744 instead of 644. I re-uploaded Wordpress for you to install, and it's loading fine now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.